THE HOUSE AND THE HOTTIE

One thing I couldn't complain about was that the new house was great.

It was bigger than the one we lived at in France, and it was certainly cosier. But it didn't felt like home, just as I was sure Hogwarts wouldn't.
The neighbourhood was also nice. I mean, you could see it was a rich people's street. Around them, my place seemed small. The one right next to mine was certainly the biggest place I had ever seen. The first time I saw it, the first thought that occurred to me was that it was a school, not a house.
My new room was also bigger than my last one. Once I got there, my furniture was already waiting so I moved things around until I finally felt more or less comfortable in it.

So, basically the first 2 days were spent adjusting and cleaning the house. By the third day everything was set,with my sister's incredibly ability to clean of course, and I felt tired like I wasn't in years.
It was that very afternoon that changed my life....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That afternoon, after lunch, I had taken a shower and had just sat down by the TV, trying to guess what British people saw, when a knock on the door made me get up and turn it off.
As I opened the door, my breath got caught in my breath. The most gorgeously handsome guy I had ever seen on my life was standing in front of me with a women I presumed to be his mother.

He had big hazel eyes with the most unruly raven hair I had ever seen. He was tall (at least much taller than me) and I could almost bet he owned a six pack. He seemed to be one or two years older than me, probably Petunia's age. Ah, Petunia, I groaned internally when I remembered her. Thank God he wasn't a wizard, or he'd probably be hers... Who was I kidding! With a guy like him, I betted she wouldn't care about him being a wizard or not.

The woman that was with him had the same hazel eyes, but her hair was dark brown. She was probably in her fifties and had a caring expression.
I smiled at them "Bonjour," I said politely. Only after did I remember they were British "Sorry, I meant Good Afternoon," I corrected myself

The woman laughed good-naturedly "That's quite alright dear. I'm Mrs. Potter, and this is my son James. We live next door," she said sweetly "We came to welcome you to our neighbourhood."

I nodded as I smiled as well "Let me call my mother," I said to her as I invited them in. I turned towards the stairs and called out to my mother, "Mother! Our neighbors have come to visit us!"

After some seconds my mother appeared at the stairs wearing a smile and made her way to where Mrs. Potter and James were.

"Hi!" my Mother said. "Hello!" the woman answered just as cheerfully "I'm Doreah Potter and this is my son James," she said again "We live next door,"

'Oh... the big house', I thought.

My mother nodded "I'm Rose Evans, this is my daughter Lily." I nodded their way. "Lily, could you take James to meet Petunia while I talk with Mrs. Potter?"

'Well, let me think', I thought, 'Would I mind walking around with a hot guy on my heels???'

"Of course," I said, as I motioned for James to follow me. I noticed he hadn't said a word since he came, so I decided to make him speak.
"Petunia is my older sister," I explained "She must be cleaning her new room or something,"
I looked back to see him nodding. "So, you've always live here?" I asked, trying to talk.

"Yeah," he said at last. His voice sounded so mature that it was impossible for me not to fall in love with it that exact My family has lived here for centuries."
I nodded "That's nice."

We had finally arrived to my sister's door. I knocked and waited for her to answer.

"Yes?" she asked. "It's Lily," I said, trying not to be bitter "Our new neighbour is here, mum wants me to introduce him to you."

"Est-il mignon?" she asked me. ("Is he cute?")

If James wasn't there I would laugh. It was so her to ask that. " Pourquoi tu veux savoir?" I asked her back. ("Why do you want to know?")

"Il pourrait être mon futur mari!" she answered. ("He might be my future husband!")

I sighed in exasperation. Like always, that guy was one more lost to her.

I looked back at James and almost had a heart attack when I found him smiling, almost laughing. "What?" I asked him, starting to smile too. "You might want to answer your sister's question," he said
I felt colour rising to my face as I turned to the door "Oh Lord," I groaned "You speak French??"

"I understand a few things," he said, grinning crazily.

I laughed as well and thanked God for not having answered.

"Petunia, just come here please," I said to my sister "Il parle Français." (He speaks French)

In a second Petunia's door opened as she came out. She was beautiful as ever and I saw how James stopped laughing once he saw her. He was already lost.

"Hi," Petunia said smiling shyly. "I'm sorry about what I just said to my sister, it's a thing the two of us have," she lied to his face.

Never in my life did I want to say the truth about my sister so badly, but I knew I shouldn't. She was my sister after all.

"Hey," he said "I'm James. I live next door," Petunia continued smiling that stupid smile of hers "I'm Petunia. Lily's older sister."

He looked shocked "Really? I'd never guess that!"

"Thanks!" I said dryly "I'll be downstairs with mum." I said as I started descending the stairs.

"What's wrong with your sister?" I heard him ask Petunia when he thought I was out of earshot.

"Oh... don't mind her. She can be a little arrogant sometimes, but she's a good girl!"

Arrogant... that made my blood boil. But, as always, I didn't say anything.

No matter how far I was from France, how far I was from everything I knew, I was still the Ugly Sister no matter what.