THE MOVE

"What did you just say?", I asked my mom incredulously. I had just arrived home from my fifth year at Beauxbatons, ready to have a terrific summer (cough sarcasm cough) and then go back to my beautiful castle and have another great year when my mom decided to inform me of the great news.

"We're moving", she answered simply. Then, stopping, she looked at my face and smiled that smile only mothers can "I don't get why you're so shocked," she said, "You know I've always wanted to go back to my place. And England is my homeland." She sighed wistfully.

Why was she doing this to me. France was my home. Beauxbatons was my place of solitude. For a second, I almost yelled at her back. I thought she was being selfish. She was taking me away from the only thing I loved!

"But I don't to move", I replied a tad bit too whiny but who wouldn't whine in this situation?

She sighed in exasperation as my father came in with my trunk and put it down. "Don't be silly." He said sternly. "Your mother and I were born in England, it's only normal that we want to go back now that we can. Besides, I thought you hated living here!"
It's true I did hate living here of all places. I mean who wouldn't, if they were in my place.

"But Dad..." I started, but he interrupted me with a sharp "Enough Lillian! We are are moving, and you're changing schools!" and that was the end to that. "This is our final decision", Mom finally said after a moment of silence. I nodded slowly, knowing there was no way around it. I felt tears prickling in my eyes but I kept them in.

"Now, go to your room and start packing," she continued "We're leaving tomorrow." Tomorrow??" I asked incredulously, staring at him with wide eyes "What do you mean, tomorrow? I haven't got enough time to pack everything I own!" "Your sister already did that," my mother said "you just need to pack some clothes she wasn't sure if you needed."
I almost laughed when my mum finished talking. Of course Petunia had done it. When had she refused a way to please my parents and to show she was hard work?? Never.

I turned around and before I could disappear up to my room I asked barely above a whisper, "Which school am
I going to?" "Hogwarts", she replied "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The day we left was a day not to forget. It was unsurprising how our entire neighbourhood came to say goodbye to Petunia, the sweet child that would leave them and be stuck with me: the arrogant one.

As the car started moving, I saw people waving and screaming for Petunia. And for the very first time since I had arrived from school, I didn't regret getting away from that place, away from those people. Maybe in England I'd be able to restart, and I wanted it so much.....
But of course I knew I wouldn't be able to do it.......

"So, you never really told us how your year was? And did you lose some weight?" Petunia started in her perfect English with a soft French accent. "That's my problem" I answered back. I always hated it when she would talk all nice and sweet  in front of our parents, but when we were alone she would be a stuck-up snob.
"Lillian, be nice to your sister." My mom scolded me lightly. "She just wants to know about your year." "Yeah right..." I muttered bitterly under my breath.
Instantly, my father started up, "Don't speak to your mother like that! Just answer Petunia's question!"

I sighed and turned to Petunia, "My year was great and yes I did lose some weight." I said the last part proudly. It was very good achievement, on my side at least. "Yours?" "Even better" she said and actually scoffed at me saying I lost weight. She even had the nerve to not-so-quietly mutter, "Not...."
See it's times like these that make me angry. I mean come on, how did they hear me but not her? Favoritism I say, favoritism....