The Date.

I woke up in a panicky sweat. I breathed heavily as I reached around in the dark to find my inhaler. I put my hand on the night stand and grasped around the inhaler. I put the small plastic between my lips and pressed down on the metal cylinder. I held my breath and let it out. I pulled the string to the lamp that sat on top of the night stand.

Immediately remembering Dylan, I looked down at my leg. There was nothing there. No bandaid. No blood. No cut. Nothing.

I faintly heard knocking on my door. I rubbed my eyes and opened it. Britt stood there half awake. "Are you coming?" She had coffee in her hand and her eyes were closed.

"Uh- yeah. Yeah, just give me a second." I closed the door and leaned back against it. I was so confused to what just happened. I opened my eyes and shook my head. It was just a dream. I started out kind of relieved. It was just a dream. Then I started to be a bit upset. It's not every day someone as nice and good looking as Dylan is, well was, in my dream. They don't come around often. And I guess in his case, never did.

I grabbed some clothes and jumped in the shower. I put on my white Leilani's On The Beach crop top and some black shorts. I threw my hair up in a bun and put on my dark-fake-ray bans. I put on my black vans and walked out to the kitchen.

"So we're gonna come back here before the date." Britt said sitting at the bar stool.

"What?" I said as I poured my cup of joe.

"Nolan, You, Me, Steven. Nat you do remember we're going on a date tonight, right?"

"Oh! Yeah sorry bad night sleep. I guess I'm just not thinking too clearly." I lied. For once in a very long time, I slept great. I felt.. safe. I felt like there were no problems in the world.

We pulled up to the set. Britt turned to me and said, "I'm sorry. I just think it's time you go out again. Not every guy is a douche bag, you know."

"Yeah. I know." Dylan isn't. He also isn't real though. Britt started to get out of the car, but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back in. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah of course you can." She looked at me with concerned eyes.

"I had this weird dream last night. There was this guy and he was perfect..." I told her about the whole dream, but I left out his name and I wasn't too specific on details.

"Maybe it's a foreshadowing of your date with Nolan." She smiled and got  out of the car.

"I doubt that." I mumbled and got out. Right as I closed my door, John dragged me away and into the trailer.

"I have something to show you. It's a new project I'm working on and I need your opinion."

I sat in a chair and faced the TV sitting in front of me. He pressed play and what came on the screen next was incredible. This boy about my age walked on screen and stood in front of this wall. His face was blocked for a second. Then the camera tilted up. His hair was light brown and quiffed off to one side. He had big brown eyes. He stood tall. His smile lit up the room.

"Dylan." I whispered under my breath. I was astonished. John snapped his head at me and paused the video.

"Do you know him?"  He asked skeptically.

"No." I just stared at the screen.

"Then how'd you know his name?" He cocked his head slightly to one side and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Just a guess. He looks like a Dylan." I spoke a hundred words a minute.

"Right." John said turning back to face the screen. He pressed the play button.