Chapter 5 - An Array Of Food

So after Andy left that day, I had to deal with annoying nurses and doctors. Except for that one nurse that tended to me when I first woke up. They were really rude for some reason. I don't know why, shouldn't they be treating their patients kindly? Especially ones that went through something traumatic? The food here wasn't the greatest either, but at least its food. Though I can barley finish any of it. The worst thing I've had to deal with, were the police. They asked so many prying questions as if I would know everything about the killer. I've never seen such a terrible man in my life. I don't know if my parents had a connection with him or anything. I don't know what could have possibly triggered that man to do something so horrible. After about 30 minutes, and a few sketches, they finally left. It was a really hard day for me. I tried my hardest to keep myself composed while talking to them, but it's not that easy. They said I have about a week here so they can monitor me, partially because of the surgery and partially for safety. It really sucks, but I have to get through it.

That was yesterday. Today, I'm sitting on the bed trying to find something worth while on the TV. It's kinda hard when most of the channels are about medical stuff and the occasional Judge Judy. I stopped trying to eat the food here altogether cause I can't stomach it any longer. I just shove it onto the stand next to me.

A soft knock a the door interrupted my channel surfing. The door opened to revel Andy's head poking in. With a soft smile, he said, "Hey, It's me. Can I come in?"

I gently sat up straighter in the bed. "Um, yeah. Come in," For some reason, I'm sorta nervous. Having a friend is really different for me. ESPECIALLY if it's your idol. Like seriously, how does that happen? I don't know if I'd screw it up or whatever. 

Andy came in and sat on the chair near my bed. Staring up at me with his pretty blue eyes. "So how's your day going for you?"

"I'm learning a lot about diseases," I say gesturing to the medical show on the TV. "It's like the only thing to watch. They couldn't have gotten better cable?" 

"That's what you'd expect out of the hospital," he said with a little chuckle. He looked to food on the stand next to my bed. "Not hungry?"

"I've stopped trying to eat the food here. It's really bad. I can't stomach it," I say scrunching up my nose. "I'm afraid one day its gonna come alive,"

"Are you hungry?" he asked a little worried. "You can't reject the food forever," I sigh. 

"If it's this food, anyone would. But don't worry, I'm not that hungry. I might give in eventually," I say with a small smile. A small grumbling from my stomach gave away my lie. Andy gave a smirk while I looked away feeling somewhat embarrassed. "I knew you were lying,"

Andy started to get up and walk out the door. Feeling a bit confused as to why he's leaving, I said, "Are you leaving already? I didn't say anything wrong, did I?" I got a bit nervous again. How bad can I mess up already? Andy looked over his shoulder at me. "Getting you some real food,"

"Wait, I can't have you buying me food, you don't even know me that well enough to feel obligated to buy me anything," I said looking down at the bed. He turned around completely. "So you're saying I can only buy you stuff when I know you better?" He said with a light chuckle. "Besides, that's what friends are for,"

"You really don't have to," my cheeks started to feel warm. I never had anyone outside of my family be so nice to me. It's so different. Andy walked up to my bed and leans towards me. My cheeks heat up more out of embarrassment. I look up at him and he just smiles and pets the top off my head and leans away. I look up at him confused. Was I pat? Again?

"You seem to have a thing for petting me," I said. " I had to get that embarrassed look off of your face somehow. Anyway, what do you want me to get you?" He said, clearly not giving up. I sigh. "If you do get me anything, please don't get anything with meat or seafood," 

"You don't like meat? Are you vegetarian?" he asked. "Yeah. I just can't bring myself to eat it," I said hoping he won't question my diet choices. "Alright, thanks for telling me. I was about to bring you burgers. That would've been embarrassing. I'm gonna head out, I'll be back in a bit so hold tight,"

"O-Okay," I said feeling bad for letting him spend money on me. As soon as he closed the door, I collapsed back onto the bed. It really drained me to not freak out in front of him. He's my idol after all. These kinda things only happened in fanfictions. There has to be a catch to this whole thing. I just can't believe any of this. Sighing once again, I gaze towards the ceiling thinking about all the recent events and getting depressed a little. What better to do at a time like this then to let depression sink in and evade my thoughts? The trauma from that day hasn't left me just yet. 

About 25 minutes later*

"Hey, I'm back!" Andy said opening the door suddenly and excitingly. I move from my spot at ceiling gazing and sit up. He sets a huge white bag on the stand next to my bed and start to take the items out. "I didn't know what to get you exactly, so I bought a bunch of stuff for you to choose from," he said. Oh god I should've just told him to get a simple salad or something. Now he spend a lot of money not knowing what to get. "O-oh, thank you. This is so much, I'll be sure to pay you back," I said thinking of how much money I have in my wallet, where ever the hospital put my stuff. Andy just shook his head. "Not happening. I willingly bought it for you. If I wanted you to pay me back, I'd tell you," 

"You're too nice. Thank you so much," I said my heart feeling warm. He really is too nice. "Enough talk, what do you want? Spaghetti? Rice? Salad? Vegetable chili? Alfredo? Maybe all of them?" he said pushing the food my way. "I think I'll just take the chili for now, thank you," I said taking the chili. It was silent as I ate, but it was comfortable. I needed to mull over what to talk about anyway. Man this chili is awesome. Halfway through eating, I notice out the side of my eye that Andy was staring at me. I put down my spoon and ask, "Is there something on my face?" I touch around my mouth to be sure

"No, there isn't. You just seem a bit happier," he said smiling gently. "Oh," is all I can say. I guess it's because of his kindness that my mood is a bit better. I stay silent and continue eating. When I finish, Andy stands up. "I'd better get going. I have to meet with the boys in a little while," 

"Oh okay. Thank you for coming to see me today, it means a lot," I say smiling up at him. He smiles back and stretches. "Anytime. By the way, when you get out of here, do you wanna go somewhere with me?" he asks. My cheeks immediately burn up at the question. "Oh, um, sure. I'd love to," I say shyly. He's so straight forward. His whole face lights up. "Great! See you later," he says and leans down at me and pecks my forehead. "A-andy?" I say flustered. "What? I'm just saying bye," he chuckles as he takes his leave. I stay frozen at my spot. I touch the place he kissed. Though it was only a peck, the spot burned. Did he really just kiss my forehead? I lean back on the bed. This has to be a dream, there's no way this is happening. I go to pinch my arm, hard. I flinch back. Yup, it seems a though this is reality.