Chapter 11

When I woke up, it was to the sound of the door opening. I looked up groggily and saw a couple of men that I had never seen before. They were both dressed in nice dress suits, which seemed very out of place. One of the men had red hair on his head, but he also had stubble that hinted to the fact that he had a red beard. The other man had jet-black hair and he was more muscular than the redhead.

I gave them a confused look, but they just walked over to me and started to remove the rope from my wrists and ankles. I smiled and was about to thank them, but then they each grabbed one of my arms roughly and pulled me out of the chair. My legs felt like jelly from not using them for a while, and it felt as if a thousand little needles were being poked into my legs as they woke up. The men dragged me out of the room and I finally saw what was out in the hallway. I looked down each side, but it was just a corridor with doors only on one side. On the side that we faced as we walked out of the room, there were windows, but the windows were very high up.

I saw the sunset shining through one of the windows and almost smiled. I loved sunsets and I usually went outside of my house just to watch them for a while. The two men dragged me down the right of the corridor and I was finally able to start feeling my legs. I started to walk, which made my legs feel stronger with every step. As we walked down the corridor, we passed door after door on the right side of us, and I wondered whom else they were holding captive here. We reached the end of the corridor; so the man with the red beard let go of my arm and walked in front of me. The other man grabbed the arm that the red head had let go of and firmly stood behind me. The redhead opened the door that was in front of us and looked out suspiciously, which made me wonder why they were moving me.

Had Shadow come to save me? Had someone started a search and the cops were surrounding the place? I felt hope sneak it's way into my heart as I thought those thoughts and I almost smiled in spite of myself. Before the smile was even fully on my lips, the man holding me slapped me across the face. I was taken back at how forceful his slap had been. Tears stung my eyes and I gasped for breath.

The redhead said to the black haired man, "Don't hurt her! You heard Dorian's orders!"

The black haired man mumbled underneath his breath, but he didn't hurt me again. The redhead motioned for us to follow him and I was pushed through the doorway. We walked into a huge room that looked like the inside of a warehouse. There were numerous shelves that had various boxes on them, and I couldn't see the end of the rows.

The redhead whispered, "Look up Liam! He could be anywhere!"

"I'm too busy looking where you aren't looking!"

The man behind me, or Liam, was looking around desperately, which made hope rise up in me again. Shadow was here. He had come to save me.

I screamed out, "Shadow!"

Liam slapped me again, and this time I fell to the ground from the force. The redhead started to argue with Liam, but they stopped when they heard footsteps running towards us. I looked up hopefully, but my face fell when I saw that it was just another guard. This guard was wearing a different outfit than the others, but he seemed to be a higher authority than them from the way that both of the men stiffened when they saw him. The man was wearing a bulletproof vest over a tight grey shirt and he was wearing black pants.

As we walked up to us, he asked, "What was that?"

All the men looked down at me. I shrunk against his glare, but he just shook his head.

He said to Liam and the redhead, "Asher's got the front and Dorian's waiting for him in the chamber. Take her to the back and out to the van. Move!"

They both grabbed my arms, but I panicked. There was no way that I was going to get so close to rescue, only to have it taken away from me. I kicked and punched against the two men, but they still held on. They dragged me past the man in the vest and towards the maze of shelves.