The Prince's Mother

(3rd Person POV 'Vegeta')

Vegeta just was standing in front of the door. He had come to question/interrogate the new woman but he had stopped in his tracks when he heard the soft hum coming from inside the room. Even after all these years that song played clearly in his mind. It brought memories that the prince had denied himself for a long time. Memories of his mother danced in his mind as the past came back at him in a rush.

(Flashback)

The young prince swept through the air in the direction of the palace. He slowed his speed when the large structure came into view. Dawn was beginning to brake as he swiftly flew through one of the large windows in his room. The entire night the prince had been training on his own. He moved his tired body towards his bed. The numerous cuts, scrapes and bruises that covered him head to toe made him wince with pain with the movement.

A small sigh came from the other side of the room making the prince turn in shock. A tall woman sat in the far corner of the room, hidden in the shadows. Her long sleek black hair rippled down her back as she began to stand. The prince was frozen feeling like a frightened child at the sight of the woman. Her warm liquid brown eyes rested on him. She did not seem angered at him but her eyes were sad. Swiftly she walked over to the boy and keeled down until they were at the same height. Silently she placed a hand softly on his cheek. She seemed so sad. If any other person had caught him the punishment would have been most unpleasant. "Vegeta, I'm sorry." Her voice was soft and it confused the boy. Sadness filled his heart as he looked at the woman or rather guilt more than sadness. "w...wh...what?" his voice was soft and he stuttered with the words. "I am sorry Vegeta. You deserve more than this life. All you know is fighting and death. I wish..." she trailed off. Suddenly she pulled him into an embrace. She was strong and so was her grip. Her voice was muffled by his shoulder but still her voice was smooth and sweet as honey. "One day I pray you know more than just the fight in life. One day you will find love and true happiness will find you. I love you so much my son." Vegeta held his mother tightly. "Mother" Tears fell down his cheeks. He didn't understand what she was saying but she was sad so he was sad too.

The queen lifted her son and placed him on his bed. After having him change she cleaned and wrapped his wounds. When that was done she began stroking his hair. As the prince's eyes became heavier and heavier the queen began to sing a lullaby than many of the mothers sang to their children.

In My Arms:

Close your eyes

It's alright

You are safe in my arms

You are strong

You are brave

Here in my arms

You will grow

You will fly

Away from my arms

You are strong

You are brave

Outside my arms

My dear child

You are loved

In my arms

My dear child

You are safe

In my arms

My lovely child

Stay strong

Stay brave

And one day I pray

Return to my arms

(End Flashback)

------------------------------------------------

Kate: I kind of wish the song was longer but I ran out of ideas. I wanted the song to be special and not just some song that everyone has heard.

Bflower: Sis what are you doing?

Kate: Informing the people on my thoughts.

Bflower: YOU CAN'T INTERRUPT A STORY LIKE THAT!!!

Kate: Actually that's all I was gonna do for this chapter.

Bflower: WHAT?! But that was so short!

Kate: NO. IT. WAS. NOT. It took a long time to write and it is just as long as it needs to be. I have worked hard on this chapter and on this story in general. I have not had any help from you because you refuse to watch the show to know what I'm dealing with. This is a good story and I will not have you judge me for it. You need to learn some manners.

Bflower: You talk too much.

Kate: GET OUT!

Bflower: But this is my channel!

Kate: NOW! 

Bflower: Fine. (mumbles)*It was my channel to start with, meany*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked this chapter. The little conversation was between my little sister and I. We share a channel together. We do things like that a lost so sorry if it gets in the way. My sis and I posted an entire story of just us having random talks. You can ask us questions if you like too. If you like random check it out.

Vote, comment, and what have you.

Until next time Reader-chan.