It's Just Old Friends

Robbie's P.O.V  

I pulled into a parking space at Jet Brew, and walked inside. I walked up to the register and ordered a dark coffee with two sugars. ''Robbie?'' said a familiar voice. I turned around to see Emma Smith, my ex girlfriend.

She was seriously the last person I ever wanted to see. She walked over to me. ''Robbie. I haven't seen you in so long!'' she exclaimed. ''Hi, Emma. How are you?'' I replied, just trying to be nice.

''I'm great! We really have to meet up sometime and talk!'' she said, handing me an index card with a number on it. I gave her a little fake smile and payed for my coffee. I grabbed the cup, and walked outside to my car.

I quickly ripped up the card and threw it to the ground. I got in the car, and started it up.

I drove down the road towards Cat's house to pick her up to go to lunch.  As I was driving, my phone chimed, alerting me of a text message. 

I stopped at a stoplight, and picked up my phone. The text was from a number that I didn't recognize. I opened the message, and read the text. ''Hi, Robbie! It's me, Emma. I really want to meet up with you today, please meet me at the park, today, at 4?'' How the hell did she get my number?! 

I sped off down the road, and quickly called the number Emma had texted me from. There was a few rings, then an answer. 

''Hi Robbie!'' Emma said happily. I sighed. ''Emma, I got your text message. I have a girlfriend now, and you're my ex, meaning we have nothing to talk about. So I'd really appreciate it if you lost my number, and didn't call me.'' I told her. I think that was a bit harsh, but she lied to me and all, and cheated on me, so I think she deserves a little harshness. 

''Robbie, I really need to talk to you. I won't come in the way of your relationship, but I still have feelings for you, and I really want to see you. So please pretty please, meet me at the park at 4?'' she begged. 

I sighed, and gave in. ''Fine, Emma. I'll be there at 4.'' I replied, and hung up. I pulled up in front of Cat's house, and waited for her to come outside. 

After a few minutes, Cat came outside, dressed in a pretty pink dress, with light pink flats. She looked beautiful for everything. I stood by the passenger side, so I could open the door for her, like always. 

''Hi, Robbie!'' she exclaimed, then leaned in to give me a kiss. ''Hi, Cat.'' I replied, as I opened the door for her. 

She got in, and I walked over to the other side, and got in. I started the car, and drove off down the road. I really thought she'd question me about the coffee, in the cupholder, but she didn't. I guess she already knew why I had it. 

My phone started to ring again. If it was Emma, man was I toast. ''Cat, could you tell me who that is?'' I asked her. She picked up the phone. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a name. I hadn't saved Emma's number, so I know it wasn't Emma calling, Thank God. 

''It's Beck.'' said Cat. I wonder why he was calling. ''Um, you can take a message.'' I told her. She pressed the answer button, and put the phone to her ear. ''Hi, Beck!'' I continued driving down the road, towards the restaurant. 

--------LATER-------

I immediately spotted Emma, sitting on a park bench next to the Water Fountain. I walked over to her. She jumped up from the bench and threw her arms around my neck, hugging me. 

I quickly pushed her off, and stood back. ''Erm, sorry. Anyways, Robbie. I wanted to tell you that I still have feelings for you, and I'm super duper sorry for cheating on you. I had no idea what I was thinking! Please take me back, Robbie?'' I was not believing her lies. Emma and I are done, enough said. 

''Like I told you earlier, I have a girlfriend.'' I told her sternly. I saw tears began to form in her eyes. ''Robbie. I love you, and I always will. I am so so sorry.'' she pleaded. She started to sob. 

I've never made a girl cry before, and the feeling was not great, either. I took her in my arms and held her. 

After a while I let go. ''I'm sorry, Emma. But I'm taken now.'' I said, and walked off towards my car, leaving her there sobbing. I got in, and drove off towards my house. I sped up, just to get there faster. My phone started to ring. I quickly looked over. It was Cat calling. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now, so I ignored it. My phone rang again, and again, and it was only Cat. 

I finally pulled into my driveway, and got out of the car. I walked inside, and tossed my keys on the small table near the door. I walked upstairs to my room, and lied down on my bed. My phone was still ringing. 

I was getting so upset, that I was about to lose my temper, and throw my phone against the wall. Emma was really stressing me out. How the hell could she love me if she cheated on me? And I just sort of cheated on Cat by comforting another girl, and shes an ex! Ugh! 

I fell asleep for a little while, but was quickly awoken, by a knock on my door. I hope it was my mom, and not any of my friends. ''Come in.'' In came, Cat, and Jade right behind her. Great. 

Cat came and sat down on my bed. ''Robbie, what's the matter, how come you haven't answered any of my calls?'' she asked. ''I'm sorry, KittyCat.'' I told her, and sat up. 

Jade was fiddling with stuff on my dresser. ''Are you okay, Robbie? You seem stressed.'' she replied. ''I'm fine, Cat.'' I lied. 

After a while of trying to get an answer out of me, Cat and Jade left. 

My mind was so wrapped around Emma that I could barely think straight. I made her cry, and that memory just kept flaunting back to me. Emma Smith. Emma Smith. How the hell did I make Emma Smith cry?! She's never really been sensitive, and when she did cry, it was because her uncle had died last year. I cannot get this girl off of my mind, but I love Cat way too much to let Emma come between us. 

Oh God, what am I gonna do!?