CHAPTER 4 - FRIES BEFORE GUYS

_"So Killian you have to go to work which time tomorrow?" Emma asked

_"Actually I don't work on weekends. You do?" He shyly asked

_"Ehh. No. Thank God it's just the week." She said coming with an white crochet blanket for him and a pillow. After all her brown and fluffy couch wasn't for sleep.

_"Ah sure. Swan thank you again for letting me spend the night. You may can count on me now for everything you need." Killian said

_"Okay. Do you want something to drink? To eat?" Emma asked

_"No I'm fine. You can go do your things. Tomorrow morning I'll go grab my keys and then you are free."

_"Right.. good night then.. Jones" she said teasing

_"Night Swan. Dream about good guys and sunsets and these girly things." He said already teasing back.

_"Don't go thinking i do girly things buddy. I'm more grown up than that. Besides? Fries before guys." she said winking

_"What? You have to explain this to me later Swan." He said laughing so hard that the first word fall from his lips a little weak

She went to her bedroom and he turn of the light of the living room. When she was on her bed trying to sleep her mind keep going to his kind words to her and how he make her laugh so easily. He tried to sleep. He managed a few hours until the morning came but during the night all he could think about was her. And she telling him they are friends and specially she saying to him she was a grown woman (get a grip Jones- his brother would say if he was alive).

He woke up. Write on a paper he would be right back to grab his belongings and went to his work to grab his keys. Once he got those he stopped by Starbucks to grab some coffee for him and Emma who was very kind to let him sleep on her couch.

Emma woke up and with her oversized t-shirt and shorts went to grab her laptop she left on the table when someone knock on her door and she opened. (Omg of course was Killian she forgot he had to grab his things before go) But she was in her pajamas with her hair a mess and a mad face because she forget to do coffee and then he was there looking to her with that face and he got.. coffee? Yes coffee she could smell the essence.

_"Emma.. I'm sorry I woke you?" Killian asked

_"No. I was.. I forgot you had to get back and here come in. This is coffee? She asked

That beautiful and curious Swan he thought-

_"Yes. Here it's for you. For being so kind to let me sleep here" He said

_"Come in a bit." She said before she could hold her words. And Killian hide an smile

_"You look stunning Swan" Killian said

She sat on the couch to watch some cartoons. Yes a 28 years old woman liked to watch cartoons Saturday morning because she didn't get to see when she was an orphan.

_"Thanks? Well clearly I'm not. I just wake up now." She said sipping her coffee

Killian was amused. He couldn't take his eyes of her.

_"So what was that? Fries before guys?" Killian asked

Emma slapped him on the arm.

_"It started few years ago. When a guy dumped me. I called Ruby and she told me this thing. And to get over with it we ate all McDonald's we could. Emma said laughing

_"Far better than my alternative love" Killian said agreeing with her

_"Which was?" Emma asked

_"Drinking problem" he answered

_"Do you mind telling me? We could share our pasts Emma said not ready of what was coming but pretty sure she will support her friend. (friend Emma? When you think he is hot as hell and his beard and his back? Something inside her snapped) Okay even think he is hot he could be a friend.

_"Are you sure? You don't have to listen to all of this" he said

_"Killian we are friends. If you feel better I can share my past to you too?" Emma said putting her hand on his right leg. That bring a chill to both of them but both of them just stared to each other eyes.

_ "My brother took care of me after our parents died. After my older brother died on the sea my girlfriend broke up with me. And then I started to drink. All I could do was drink. I spent days on the floor mourning and drinking. I become a mess. This was 10 years ago. I spend all the days where I could be in a college like that. That's why I'm 29 and I'm a recent graduated architect. The only thing that saved me? Was a picture Liam painted founded on my wardrobe of me my brother and my parents on my 3rd birthday. That brought my hope back and next year I was working in anything who could give me money to start a college and as soon I had the money I got out of Ireland. Art saved me."

She was out of words. He had nobody. All he had was his friendship with Emma and she understand him because she had only her friends. She hugged him.

The moment he was sad telling her the things from his past was ceased as soon as she hugged him. It was perfect feel that kind of comfort with someone again. And then she said:

_"I grown up as an orphan. Apparently my parents left me on some door and the person send me orphanage where I grew up around "brothers and sisters" and new parents over a week. Sending me back when they were having their own child. I turned 18 and run away from that place and met Neal. He promised me things. And the only thing he gave me was an betrayal. I loved him. But he loved get new girls even with me and when I discovered I kicked his ass literally and got here. I finished my college and got an job on the city journal. I met Ruby on work. You know the one I talked that day I twist my ankle" Emma said smiling. It still hurts but she got better with time. (Her heart not the ankle)

Killian offered her a sad smile. And then he said:

_"I don't understand how someone could abandon a marvelous creature like you Emma. I'll never do this. I mean if you want me in your life".

_"Thank you."- She almost chocked on her coffee-. Apparently we both had a hard past huh? I'm sorry for your brother." Emma said.

_"It's okay. That bloke would probably be proud of me right now. Do you mind if I go? I have to take a shower and do some stuff." He said scratching his ear and grabbing his bag.

_"Not at all. I have some stuff to do too. Thanks for the coffee by the way" Emma said leading his to her door.

_"Emma thank you again for let me sleep on your couch. I see you around?" Killian said

_"I hope so." She said blushing

Saturdays was their thing. Emma now liked Saturdays. After a promising morning they both set to their routine.