CHAPTER 14- The Trip

Hello guys. Sorry for not posting earlier. We are at the end of this journey. This chapter is one of my favorites. I don't know how to thank enought my beta. She helps me so much. You can always comment and let me know your oppinion here! Also i would be really happy if one of you guys come to my twitter acc to talk. Many thanks for you guys being reading this thing. Especial thanks and kisses to the ones who reviewed me this week. :)

CHAPTER 14 – THE TRIP

The past few months have been going great; His ribs healed just fine. Emma was happy with her job; she got dozens of new interviews and a lot of trips and conventions. Same with Killian on his office, new projects were coming and he was growing as an architect. On a Friday afternoon, Emma was leaving Killian's place really happy and hopeful in their relationship. It was going so well, it was as if they were in a nice little bubble that could burst at any moment. And when she received her next email, it did. Everything fell apart as she read:

"Emma, I'm sending this to you because our main reported got sick and I need you to cover for him while he's on leave. We booked a flight for you on Monday to South Africa. I really can't accept anything but a yes. You will have to stay there for the rest of the year (6 months) and report back to me about the safari, the place, the touristic points attractions and the male soccer team of the country. Which means: everything. Once you complete this task, we can guarantee you a spot as the main reporter with a bonus check of $3500. "

Your boss, march 21, 2016.

She said she would meet Killian for lunch on her house on Sunday since he had to work all Saturday. She thought it was a good plan since she needed time to think about her possibilities and talk to him.

Killian spent his Friday with Emma. He couldn't be happier. They were perfect together in everything. So after a few kisses he let Emma go. A long and stressful Saturday he had to get through.

Saturday went slowly. It was hot outside and the windows in his office weren't helping. Also, Emma wasn't answering any of his calls and it was worrying him. But he couldn't leave work. After a few calls, a lot of reunions, three house visits and 5 new sketches, he finally could go home and rest. He went to a burger shop, ordered two burgers and went to his place, actually to Emma's. He needed to check up on her. So he did.

*knock knock*

Emma answered the door. It was Killian. The need to make a decision was consuming her thoughts. She just needed him. Pulling Killian into a bear hug, she started to cry. His concern showed on his face and as soon as she started he moved her to her couch to explain to him what was wrong.

Once there, he held her face on his hands and said:

_"My love,are you okay? Are you hurt?"

_"No.. not hurt but..." Emma said, crying again.

_"Just breathe love. Tell me." Killian said.

_"I don't want to break your heart." Emma said sobbing.

_"How would you do that?" He said worried.

_"They told me I have no choice but spend the rest of the year working in South Africa. I'm going on Monday." Emma said pulling him into a hug.

His heart broke. He couldn't breathe. Just when his life was going well, this comes up. And in a few days, the love of his live was going far away from him. His heart was in pieces and his mouth agape.

_"Killian say something." Emma pleaded.

_"I..just.. don't know what to say. I'm so sorry. I don't want to leave you" Emma said