Chapter 18- Winter has arrived

This is the monster haha! Also the penultimate chapter! i see you around! leave reviews

Winter has arrived. Killian and Emma planned to spend their vacation in a vintage looking cabin in the woods, surrounded by the warm glow of a campfire between vast avenues of trees, and their mirrored images on the serene body of water that outlined the area. Somewhere amidst their 48 hour journey, Killian decided it would be a grand idea to invite along a colleague of his, Dave, and his wife, Mary Margret, much to Emma's chagrin. Killian couldn't help but smile every time a thought of his firecracker of a girlfriend flitted through his mind.

So when they got into David's car at 4a.m with a very excited M&M telling them it was going to be great, Emma and Killian shared a look and she just dropped her head on his lap in the back seats of the car.

David and his wife were a very happy couple with their beautiful home and fairytale romance that put even the most iconic of Disney characters to shame. Killian and the blond man were actually good friends at work. After Killian's promotion, his boss started visiting his office much less, however this didn't stop him from being and annoying, bossy arse. It was always "Killian this" or "Killian that".

A few bathroom and food stops later, the gang decided to take a break from all the driving and stay at a little hotel for the night. Once they arrived, Killian and Emma booked a room and made their way up stairs.

_"I don't know, I like it here, I like our travelling so far." Emma said smiling.

_"Me too, love, though Mary Margaret's constant blabbering did wear me out a bit. I mean she never stopped; not when you fell asleep and certainly not when I had to take over driving from Dave." Killian said nuzzling her neck, holding her from behind.

_"Uhm.. I can understand that. What time are we leaving tomorrow? I can resume the driving." Emma said

_"I think eight, love, just after? breakfast." Killian said, getting out of his pants while he went to the bathroom.

_"I will be with you in a few, let me just take a shower. Warm the bed for me." He finished kissing her and entering the small room.

Emma just hummed happily. She got into her pajamas, grabbed her book from her bag, and settled into their bed for the night. The sight that greeted Killian was better than anything he's ever seen after finishing up a mundane shower. Emma looked breathtaking, even though she simply sat there in her pajamas, wearing her large-framed black glasses.

_"What are you reading?" Killian asked when he snuggled into her on the bed. His choice of sleepwear consisted of nothing but sleep pants, obviously.

_"Hum, just something about Mythology. I love those." Emma answered him.

_"Okay." Killian nudged her ear with his nose then began to slowly pepper kisses down the side of her neck. And when he reached her pulse point, well, that's when Emma gave up reading for the night.

In the morning...

Emma woke up with warm arms holding her from behind. She turned around and carefully woke Killian up with her ministrations.

_"Morning, love." Killian groggily greeted, holding her waist as she climbed on top of him.

_"Hi handsome, I'm hungry, let's get our breakfast and get back on the road!" She said happily while getting off the bed to take a shower and change her clothes, or put some clothes in that case.

They all sat in the small breakfast room of the hotel and ate their food while happily chatting. Emma found out M&M was a really smart and loyal friend. She was a middle school teacher who loved her students and apparently all the birds in the world. Right after their meals they took off to the road, to the next place. Emma drove all the way, and after 3 hours they were able to get to the final destination: The Red Riding Hood Farm & Hotel.

_"Me and Dave will get the bags and you girls can check us in." Killian said to Emma and M&M.

_"Okay. We will wait for you guys just after." Mary Margaret said.

It wasn't an animal farm, but a place with a lot of fun things to do, a cozy fireplace in each floral themed room .The beds were king-sized and the bathroom just pretty. Outside they had a skating rink and all the equipment that went along with it!.

As soon as everyone was settled, they met at the hotel's reception to do some of the activities while the sun was still out, and before they all went outside, Killian tugged on Emma's hand to talk to her.

_"Hey love, do you have everything? The beanie? Your gloves? More socks?" He asked worriedly while he fixed every creased part of her clothes, adjusted her beanie and held their gloved hands together.

_"Yeah babe, let's get going! Thanks for taking care of me. They are already outside." Emma said pecking his lips.

_" On the count of three! One... Two... Three... Go!" Mary Margaret exclaimed at the group who was ready to win the skating competition they started.

Emma and Killian were one time, while Mary Margaret and David were another. They, together, decided that in 5 competitions the best couple would give the other couple a basket full of goodies to eat. And Emma Swan doesn't like to lose.

With already 2 M&M and David versus 1 from Emma and Killian, the blonde and the handsome won the skating run tying everything.

David dropped on the fluffy snow and said laughing _"I don't remember how long it's been since I had this much fun!" Meanwhile Emma and Killian landed on top of eachother on the snow beside them, trying to catch their breath. Mary Margret just gazed at them with the most innocent smile she could muster.

_"Tired already are we?" She mocks the team.

_"I'm sorry love, but we don't all possess the stamina of a former archer." Killian said panting.

David and Emma laughed. After the three of them got up, they made their way to the hotel, and with a hot chocolate and a change of clothes, they sat on the sofa in front of the fireplace in Emma and Killian's room, or cabin, rather.

_"So tell me, how much are you enjoying our little vacation going so far?" Killian asked

_"I don't know... Something like 300 percent." Shesaid putting her hands on his muscled biceps.