CHAPTER 7 - TEXT BDAY

New York, July..

Beep. Killian grabbed his phone.

E: What are you doing?

K: Drawing some boring stuff. You?

E: On Mary Margaret and David's house. She asked Ruby to come and Ruby called me.

K: Already bored?

E: Yep. Keep talking to me then I'll not sleep on my chair. Lol :)'

K: I will tell jokes then lass..

Emma was trying to not choke on her drink at table with the girls. Killian was sending stupid but funny jokes.

_" I told you. They are like that. He makes her happy" Ruby whispered to Mary Margaret

_"They look very cute. A beautiful couple." Mary M. said

_"Emma what you've got there? Want to show us? Or it's inappropriate?" Ruby asked with an grin

_"Uh..No Ruby! It's just Killian. He is telling me jokes." Emma said as that was a common thing.

_"So girls. I asked you here because David said Killian's birthday is coming. And he wants us to make a party. Let's plan things out!" Mary Margaret said

On the shopping going buying Killian's gift..

_"Emma you know what you are buying for him?" Ruby said entering the mall.

_"I don't. Let's choose your gift to him then we can discuss mine." Emma said

_"What you think about this necktie?" Ruby asks

_"No. Isn't like him. He does more the "Rock Star" style. Are you coming with Victor?" Emma says proudly

_"And you love that huh? Yes I am. He said he had something special for Killian." Ruby grinned

Emma just ignores her and start to look to things to put in a work desk.

_"This is perfect!" Emma exclaimed looking to a golden and fancy compass in her hands.

_"Wow Emma! This is huge. It's for his job?" Ruby asked

_"Yep. To him put on his desk" Emma happily said giving the article to the owner to pay the price.

Walking some more and after a coffee on the local cafeteria Emma and Ruby bought his gift. Ruby was giving to him a bottle of Rum. After all everyone like rum as Ruby said-

He didn't had a happy birthday since Liam died so Killian was expecting nothing on the day. On the back of his mind he wanted to tell Emma but he was afraid to ruin the friendship so he just stayed at home drinking some cheep beer until David called him.

_"Hey Killian! Want to come to watch The Bulls?" The man asked.

_"Ah. Sure why not." Killian at least wasn't going to pass his birthday alone.

Mary Margaret planned the party pretty well on their apartment. David give the excuse of some game to Killian come and they all surprised him.

_"Oh! Hey everyone." He shyly said. He didn't expect anyone to celebrate his birthday. As soon as he came he saw Emma on the corner smiling with an wrapped box in her hands. His heart speed up.

_"Hey Killian. Happy Birthday my boy!" Mary Margaret said grabbing him to a hug. Something motherly. David and Mary Margaret were about 35 years old. And they were trying their first child. They had what it called Relationship goals.

After a lot of beers and presents he got time to finally talk to Emma.

_"Hey!" he softly said

_"Hello Killian. Happy Birthday." She said hugging him.

He happily hugged her back. Whit an exasperate sight he said:

_"Than you. You know.. I didn't had a birthday since Liam.." he was trying to say

Emma silent him with a peck on his check. It was becoming normal. And Killian loved it.. wait.. Liked it. * Yep Jones. On your knees- Killian thought about his brother saying this and got out a laugh.

_"Here I got this to you." Emma said putting the box on his lap. They sat on the couch side by side.

He put his hands on the box. But she didn't take hers. So his hands were above hers. They look to each other eyes like they were enchanted. But Emma said:

_"Take a look!!"

He opened the box. There he found an perfect compass. Something symbolical who will surely makes him remember his brother and Emma.

_"Emma this is.. This.. is perfect. I loved it!" Killian said with a smile. Emma never saw him smile like that. Maybe this is a smile he gave to his brother – Emma thought.

_"Killian I'm glad you liked." Emma said smiling back.

_"No Swan.. I didn't just liked it. I loved. This is perfect. Seriously. No one ever gave something so symbolical and emotional like that to me. " He said.

Emma had tears in her eyes. But she hold it. He realized through. And after a few moments he said to her:

_"Let's enjoy the party love." Grabbing her hands and going to get a drink.

The time to sing happy birthday came and they all reunited on the table. With the cake Mary Margaret made.

Before they start Ruby went to talk to Killian.

_"Hey Killian. Happy Birthday" Ruby said

_"Thank you Ruby. I didn't expect all of this.." Killian said

_"Yeah. We set all up other day. Glad you liked." Ruby explained

_"Emma too? I mean.. she helped?" Killian incredulous said.

_"Yes Killian she did." Ruby said nodding her head. "Listen.. Victor couldn't make to get a free shift on the hospital. They send him to LA. He will be back in two weeks and he wanted to give you something personally. So... two weeks okay?"

_"Oh.. okay." Killian said scratching behind his ear.

With the cake destroyed and all happy birthdays received. Killian could say he never had a birthday so good like that for a while. And he was thankful for his friends. Especially Emma.