chapter 5

It was foggy as the group went with Pegasus to find out the mysterious one known as Philetes. There were goat bleats heard, but no one saw a goat. There were three beautiful girls relaxing in their little tropical atmosphere with no disturbances.

"You sure this is the right place?" Hercules asked his horse.

Pegasus nodded and gestured for the kids to go with him. They all explored and found a goat's backside with the bleats heard as it was stuck in the hedges.

The group did as told and they followed the goat cries. They found a goat who appeared to be stuck in a grassy hedge. "What's the matter, little fella? You're stuck?" Hercules pulled the goat out, but it was revealed to be goat legs attached to a plump man, though he had horns and a beard like a goat.

"Um, Herc, I don't think that's a goat." Atticus said.

"That's a satyr." Cherry added, knowing what this strange creature was.

"Whoa! Hey, butt out, buddy!" the satyr growled at Hercules.

The sprite girls spotted him and screamed as they started to run away. One girl turned into a flower lei like from Hawaii, one vanished by the pond and one of the girls turned into a tree. The satyr had no luck capturing any of them. The satyr tried to get the tree one but she slapped him with her branch, sending him to the group.

"Ooh, that's gotta leave a mark." Atticus winced at the satyr's pain.

"What's the matter?" the creature growled. "Ya never seen a satyr before?"

"Maybe in Narnia..." Atticus muttered.

"That's a faun." Cherry corrected.

"Anyway, can you help us?" Hercules asked. "We're looking for someone named Philetes."

The satyr found a dish with grapes. He shook off the fruit and instead ate the bowl. "Call me Phil."

"Phil!" Hercules grew ecstatic and shook the satyr's human hand, nearly squeezing it.

'That's gotta hurt.' Atticus thought to himself as he winced at Phil's pain once again.

"Boy, am I glad to meet ya," Hercules was still thrilled over the satyr. "These are my friends, Cherry and Atticus, and I'm Hercules! And this is Pegasus."

The winged horse licked the satyr's face like a loyal dog.

"Animals, disgusting!" Phil grunted from the affectionate tongue.

"You're half animal half human." Atticus retorted.

"Touche." Phil said before walking towards a giant statue head.

"I need your help," Hercules followed them. "I wanna become a hero. A true hero."

"Sorry, kid, I can't help ya." Phil told them as he went to get a door.

"And why not?" Cherry demanded.

"Two words!" Phil told him, taking the door back fix it. "I am retired!"

Hercules counted on his fingers, then shook his head at it. "Look, I've got to do this," he tried to convince the satyr. "Haven't you ever had a dream? Something you wanted to do so bad you'd do anything?"

Phil paused. He seemed to have been deeply touched by that and turned back gently at the group. "Kids, come inside, I wanna show you somethin'."

"Okay." Atticus said, following him.

Pegasus tried to join them, but had trouble and no avail.

Hercules looked around with Cherry and Atticus. Cherry was having a geekgasm due to her vast interest in mythology. When she was a lot younger, it was Egyptian, but now she was settled for Greek. Hercules bonked his head and he rubbed his head, nearly wincing.