chapter 10

Eventually, they settled to playing cards and then Phil came back, still unable to win himself a girl.

Phil passed them and stopped. "Somethin's missin' here... And I can't think of what..."

"Time for plan: Distract the Satyr." Atticus whispered to Cherry.

Atticus then went up to the satyr to start the plan.

"Missing? Nothing's missing." Atticus said.

"Somethin' feels off, don't ya think?" Phil asked them.

"I don't feel much of anything anymore..." Cherry said as she took a card and put it into her stack.

"Hmm..." Phil looked at them. "Well... Okay..." he then walked off. "I better check on Pegasus, you two stay outta trouble."

"No promises..." Cherry said, staring at her cards.

"Yeah, we'll try to stay out of trouble, but no promises." Atticus said.

Phil hummed at them and then walked off, still not noticing Hercules was missing. Atticus laid out four kings. Cherry laid out five aces and leaned back, putting her hands behind her back.

"Dang it, where did you learn to play so good?" Atticus asked.

"I really wanna go to Las Vegas someday." Cherry rested her chin underneath her joined hands.

"Well, I'm sure that you would beat everyone there," Atticus said. "One more game."

"Very well..." Cherry took the card deck and shuffled them. "So, what do you think they're doing?"

"Herc and Meg?" Atticus asked.

Cherry nodded as she shuffled the best she could, based on how she saw it done on card tricks.

"Who knows, probably having a wonderful time together," Atticus shrugged before he sighed. "I sure wish I could be as strong as him, I mean, don't get me wrong I love that I found my parents and I am so glad I met Mo and that you and me are friends, but it would be great to be strong as Hercules, that way I can help with the car sometimes."

"Hm..." Cherry shrugged. "At least you've found love."

"You'll find love someday." Atticus assured her.

"Nah..." Cherry ignored that and passed some cards to him and back to herself.

"Oh, come on, Cherry, you'll find love someday, you really will." Atticus said.

"Sure..." Cherry said as she made the cards fly into her hand in the air. "And I suppose pigs will sprout wings and fly like birdies!" she then said, optimistic and cheerful to highlight her sarcasm.

Phil kept coming back once in a while, the sun was going down and he was now realizing that Hercules was gone. Pegasus came to Phil.

"You know where he is?" Phil asked Pegasus.

Pegasus smiled proudly with a nod.

"What?! How do you know?!" Atticus asked out of shock and surprise.

Pegasus smirked.

Phil looked at Cherry and Atticus. "You know where he is?"

"Welllll..." Cherry drawled out, avoiding eye contact with the satyr.

"Um....." Atticus drawled out as well, while avoiding eye contact with the satyr.

Phil folded his arms at the kids. "I'm ashamed of ya two!" he then hopped onto Pegasus. "Get on the horse, we're findin' him!"