chapter 8

Hercules was a celebrity in Thebes now and a living legend. People would cheer and worship him, like his family before him, a God. His name was even on every vase. Cherry, Atticus, Phil, and Hercules collected golden coins that were generous and treasured donations from the public who admired Hercules like the god he was born to be. Hercules became the face of painters and on credit cards such as Grecian Express. He even beat up a vicious lion coming for the people. A lot of people agreed that Hercules put the glad in gladiator and was a zero to hero.

And where every monster and natrual disaster that came was either defeated or taken care of by the demigod and where this angered Hades more and more. Hercules was even given a store of himself that had coffee cups, action figures, branded sandals and almost anything else with Hercules's face on it. Cherry and Atticus watched as Hercules rode on Pegasus to stop the Harpy and trapped it in a giant bird cage.

The group was in a boat once with Phil. As it was a normal boat ride, there came a sea serpent to attack them. It was no match for Hercules as he grabbed it and turned it into a delicious and nutritious seafood dinner course. Hercules sponsored a new sports drink and the sandals for a lot of the young ones in his fan base. Hercules used some of the money to give to his adoptive parents and make them very proud, and he hoped his biological father was as well as they were.

Hercules also faced creatures like a gorgon, a griffin, and a Minotaur. Hercules even stopped a volcano before lava even erupted and came out by shoving a rock over its hole. Hercules and Pegasus were high-time celebrities and put their prints in wet cement for their viewing public.

'Wow.' Atticus thought to himself.

"Where's Cherry now?" Phil wondered.

"She said she wanted to meet some people..." Hercules shrugged as he put his hands into the cement as the people watched.

Pegasus smiled as he put his hooves against the wet cement as well.

"Well, I'm sure that she'll be just fine with these people she's meeting." Atticus said.

Phil just shrugged, but smiled proudly to Hercules and Pegasus for not letting him down, they were his one last hope.

'This is going great, I'm sure that this will make Hercules a true hero and if not, then just close enough.' Atticus thought to himself.

Meanwhile...

"PULL!" Hades demanded.

The two demons, known as Pain and Panic, were launching vases with Hercules's face on them and Hades struck them each with a blast to take out his frustration.

"Nice shootin', Tex." Meg muttered.

"Yeah..." Cherry shrugged in agreement.

"I can't believe this guy! I throw everything I've got at him and he doesn't even--" Hades stopped in mid-sentence as soon as he heard some squeaking sound from sandals and then looked at Pain was wearing sandals with Hercules's face on them. "What are those?"

"Uhh.... I dunno..." Pain shrugged with his hands behind his back and shuffled his feet. "I thought they looked kinda dashing..."

"I am trying to get rid of this bozo which I've been planning for eighteen years which goes up in smoke and you ARE WEARING HIS MERCHANDISE?!" Hades yelled.

Pain was very fearful and worried of what would happen. Hades then turned as he heard low sipping.

Panic was drinking from a cup with Hercules's face on it, he then smiled nervously as all eyes were on him now. "Uhh... Thirsty?" he offered with a sheepish chuckle some of his drink.

This just caused for Hades to lose it, as he just yelled out all of his anger, causing for lots and lots of his fire to burn up and even burned Pain and Panic right into a rock wall.

Hercules, Phil, Pegasus, Atticus, and the others heard that, wondering what it was and where it came from, but just shrugged it off.

'Whatever that was, I hope it wan't anything too dangerous.' Atticus thought to himself.

"Looks like your game's over, 'Boss'." Cherry said to Hades.

"Wonder Boy's hitting every curve ball you throw at him." Meg nodded in agreement.

Hades was about to make a remark towards them both until he got an idea and began to chuckle evilly.

"Oh, yeah, well, maybe, I haven't thrown the right curve at him, Meg, my sweet." Hades said while making a curvy line of smoke around Meg.

Cherry looked rather disgusted with Hades's attempts to coddle against Meg.

"Don't even go there." Meg scowled once she had a pretty good idea about where this was going.

"See, he's gotta have a weakness," Hades suggested. "Because, everybody's got a weakness. I mean... For what? Pandora, it was that box thing... For the Trojans, hey, they bet on the wrong horse. We just have to find what Wonder Boy's is."

"I've done my part, why don't you send someone else to find out his weakness?" Meg asked.

"I still have Cherry..." Hades reminded.

"Get those imps of yours to do it..." Cherry folded her arms.

"They couldn't handle him as a baby..." Hades came in front of the girls. "I need someone who can handle him as a man."

"I'm not interested..." Cherry ruled herself out, then looked to Meg.

"Don't look at me," Meg said to her. "I've sworn off manhandling."

Hades thought of something that would help him get Meg or Cherry to find out Hercules's weakness.

"Well you know that's good, because that's what got you into this jam in the first place, isn't it, girls?" Hades tempted.

"What're you talking about?" Cherry glanced at him.

"You haven't told her, have you?" Hades asked Meg.

"It isn't exactly something that I want to talk about." Meg said.

"Tell me what?" Cherry's curiosity was now piqued.

"Oh, you don't know?" Hades chuckled like it was amusing to him, but clearly wasn't for Meg. "She sold her soul to me to save her boyfriend's life, and how does that creep thank her? By running off with some babe..."

Meg looked away, though she was clearly hurt by what had happened in her former life.

"He hurt you real bad, didn't he, Meg?" Hades taunted the older female.

"Look, I've learned my lesson, okay?" Meg glared to him in return.

"Which is exactly why I think you both are gonna wanna do this either of you find out about the weakness of Wonder Breath, and I'll give both of you the one thing that Meg has been craving for most in the entire cosmos," Hades said handing them both a vase with Hercules's face on them before whispering into their ears. "Both of your freedoms."

Cherry and Meg were actually shocked by that and they dropped the vases they were holding. What were they going to do?

Eventually, Cherry was let go, but she couldn't say anything Hades said out of context and she had to act like she didn't know anything. Hercules, Pegasus, and Atticus were on their way to visit Zeus, but stopped to see her.

"We're gonna see Zeus," Atticus said to her. "Wanna come?"

"Um, sure..." Cherry shrugged.

"Great." Atticus said before handing her the blindfold.

Cherry took it and tightened it the best she could. Atticus tested it to make sure it was tight enough, once he saw it was, he climbed up on Pegasus, taking her hand. Hercules saw they were set and sent Pegasus to his father's temple. It was a long flight, but they finally made it there and as soon as Zeus made it there in the statue, they began to tell him everything.