chapter 12

The people of Thebes were in more fear than they ever were before as the Cyclops was searching literally high and low for Hercules. But then, once they saw Hercules coming into the city, they thought that they were all now saved.

Meg rushed to Hercules to stop him with Atticus's help. "What're you doing?" she asked, very concerned about him. "Without your strength, you'll be killed!"

"There are worse things..." Hercules ignored her and continued to walk after the Cyclops.

"Wait, stop!" Atticus called after the demigod.

"Phil, you gotta stop him before he gets killed." Meg begged the satyr.

Phil rushed over and tried to encourage Hercules to give him confidence back even if he couldn't give strength back.

The Cyclops laughed as he flicked Hercules against a pillar which hurt very much.

"Come on, kid, fight back," Phil coached. "This guy's a pushover, look at him!"

"You were right all along, Phil," Hercules said weakly. "Dreams are for rookies."

"No, no, no, no, no, no, kid, givin' up is for rookies," Phil insisted. "I came back 'cause I'm not quittin' on ya. I'm willing to go the distance. How 'bout you?"

"Hercules, try to outsmart the big guy." Atticus said.

Hercules looked around and tried to find a way to stop the Cyclops. The Cyclops then cornered Hercules and picked him up. On the way, Hercules grabbed a torch and shoved it against the Cyclops's face. The Cyclops groaned and dropped Hercules from the painful strategy.

"Wahoo!" Atticus cheered.

"WHOA, BABY!" Phil also cheered.

Hercules then rushed over to the Cyclops, completely motivated even if he wasn't strong as a god anymore, but started to tie the one-eyed monster up.

"Yes, tie up his legs/ankles together to make him trip!" Atticus cheered.

The Cyclops yelled out, struggling to get free and started to fall. The ground shook a little from the impact and a pillar was knocked loose and coming down by them.

"GUYS, LOOK OUT!" Meg yelled for Hercules and Atticus. She shoved them out of the way, but got crushed to death by the pillar instead.

"MEG!" Hercules cried for the fallen girl. "NOOOO!"

"Oh, no! Meg!" Atticus cried out of shock.

Hercules knew he wasn't strong enough to, but he rushed over and tried to lift the pillar up. Atticus watched and tried to help, but as he did, something glowing was sent inside of Hercules. When Hercules lifted the pillar up, he felt strong again and was able to get the pillar off from Meg's body.

"Hades's deal is broken..." Meg remarked weakly. "He promised I wouldn't get hurt..."

"Th-That's right." Atticus said, a little surprised that Meg had sacrificed herself.

"Meg, why did you have...?" Hercules was surprised by her friendly gesture.

"People always do crazy things when they're in love..." Meg panted with a small smile for him in particular.

"Oh... Meg..." Hercules was fearing for her life now.

"You haven't got much time..." Meg said to him. "You can still stop Hades and Maestro Forte..."

"I'll watch over her, kid." Phil volunteered.

"We'll be back, I promise." Hercules said to Meg.