chapter 9

"You should've been there, Father," Hercules rambled on, really excited to tell Zeus everything that had happened to him lately and used Pegasus to demonstrate his moves. "I mangled the Minotaur, grabbed with the Gorgon just like Phil told me; I analyzed the situation, controlled my strength and kicked... The crowds went wild!"

Pegasus fell into the fountain and whistled to be like a cheering crowd.

"Thank you, thank you..." Hercules smiled rather smugly.

"You're doing great, son!" Zeus was very pleased to hear the progress. "You're doing your old man proud, thank you Cherry and Atticus very much for helping him, you will be rewarded for this."

"It was our pleasure, sir." Atticus said.

"I'm so glad to hear you say that, Father, which is why I can't wait for that day to come." Hercules said.

"Hmm..." Zeus thoguht for a moment. "What day is that, son?"

"The day I rejoin the gods." Hercules replied like it was obvious.

"Wasn't that the deal?" Cherry added, she was a little confused of what was happening right now.

"You've done wonderfully," Zeus replied, a little uneasily. "You really have my boy, you're just not there yet..."

Hercules's smile disappeared.

"You haven't proven yourself, a true hero." Zeus continued.

"What more can he do?" Atticus asked.

"Father, I've beaten every single monster I've come up against," Hercules ranted slightly. "I'm, I'm the most famous person in all Greece, I-I'm an action figure!" he then took out an action figure of himself and squeezed it to prove his point.

"I'm afraid being famous isn't the same as being a true hero," Zeus explained. "It's something you have to discover for yourself."

"So he can't come home yet?" Cherry asked.

"I'm sorry, but he must look inside his heart to find his answer..." Zeus said before changing back into his statue form.

"Well, that was a total bummer," Atticus said. "And what did he mean for Hercules to look inside his own heart to find the answer?"

Hercules was in a little rant about being dismissed about going back to Mount Olympus. "I'm famous... What more can I do?"

"Fame isn't everything..." Cherry said to him. "I'm sure he'll figure it out sooner or later."

"Yeah, I guess, well, we better go and get some rest." Atticus said.

"It's been a long day..." Cherry agreed as she left with Atticus.

Hercules sighed, he saw his friends leaving and decided to join them.

"I just hope that tomorrow won't be too crazy with the fan girls." Atticus said.

Cherry looked at him.

"What?" Atticus asked.

"Just thinking like that is asking for something opposite to happen." Cherry said.

"What? Some fan girls can go crazy or so I think." Atticus said.

"Yeah, but since you brought it up, it's gonna happen now." Cherry said, walking ahead of him then.

"Oh, come on, how fast could fan girls possibly be?" Atticus asked.

"Very..." Cherry glared at him. "Now stop before you end the world or something..." she then walked off.