Chapter 17 - Fatal Attraction

Chapter 17-

John's POV

Madame was acting very strange. She was by the door, looking calm and tranquil while she was calling in all of the other Fishermen to catch Gwen. And the rest of us. Everyone had been expecting her to freak out and start yelling at us.

But it was as if she was expecting it all along.

But since Vivienne had told us once Gwen lost it; we had to lose it too, we just kept going.

And we had to do it while she quietly slipped away when Madame was distracted. It happened around fifteen minutes ago. Gwen had just started yelling and halfway through, I noticed Vivienne inching away towards the door.

I elbowed Tristan, who was standing on my left. He followed my gaze and a smile crept up his face. Ever since I had known him, he had been a total goofball. His stories about the stunts he pulled at his high school were applaudable and funny. I knew he would have a good time going crazy.

Under my breath, I mutter for him to pass along that Vivienne left. Sending the same message to my right side man, Jesse, I knew the fun was just getting started.

My eyes land on Eli, who was standing a few people left of Tristan. As my eyes narrow, I purse my lips slightly and try to concentrate on the plan, and not the fact that he couldn't even notice the fact that his girlfriend just made a risky move that could get her hurt.

I clench my teeth. Now was not the time to get pissed at him.

Come to think of it, why not? I might not ever see this dope once we bust out of here, so what was stopping me?

I made sure all the guys were informed that it was our turn to start acting crazy. I look over to the girls' side and catch Bella's eye. I give her the signal, and she nods and begins to whisper to Sabrina.

Smiling under my breath, I nudge Tristan.

"Don't mess up, dude." He says, that look going into his eyes. I let out a carefree laugh.

"How can I mess up on something I put together?"

With that, I begin to belt out the "Ah Zabenya" song from The Lion King and start running away from the guys line and over to Gwen. Tristan follows closely behind, singing the deep voice backup. The girls unsuccessfully stifle their laughter and start singing "We're all in this Together" from High School Musical.

I join in with them and start my seal clap. I wasn't able to see everything that was unfolding, but I did catch a glimpse of Madame talking on the phone, and she did not seem happy.

I laugh and start whooping along to the song. Noticing Bella making her way to me, I grin at her and spin her around.

I can still remember my reaction when I first got here and I saw her. I mean, what were the chances that my best friend ended up being taken too?

Don't get me wrong, I felt horrible that she was ripped away from her life, but since she was already forced to come here, might as well make the best of it, right?

I whirl her to my side as she laughs hysterically. Laughing alongside with her, I try to remember the last time I heard her bell-like laugh. It would probably have to be before we were taken.

It was right before she tried to kiss me. And I pushed her away.

Bella was my best friend. But I viewed her as a sister, and nothing more. After that awkward encounter, we hadn't spoken in three days. Next thing I knew, I woke up here and saw her in my very first class. That broken kiss was forgotten, and never brought up.