Chapter 9 ~ A New Drug In Town

"Weekly report," Red Hood said firmly to his lieutenants, all gathered inside what he called his headquarter. The place was ultra-secured, nearly as much as the Manor.

The hooded man was perched on top of a catwalk, his elbows leaned against the steel railing so he could observe all of them while listening carefully to what they had to say.

"The shipment we stole contained heavy weapons and explosives. We all came to the conclusion that Black Mask was planning to take or blow up more of our warehouses sir." All the men nodded evenly. They had already spoken together before the meeting.

Red Hood's gang looked more like a giant family than like an actual gang with people caring only about themselves. They were all close to one another, even the lieutenants were friendly with their attributed team of men. Of course, there were some occasional tensions between some men but Jason always took care to arrange everything.

That's probably why his men were all dedicated and respectful towards him, ready to give their lives for him. Before they joined his gang, they were all in bad places, and probably heading for worse... So they all knew how lucky they were that he found them rather than someone else.

"We need to reinforce the security around all of our properties," one declared and they all nodded once again.

"Agreed. I want at least four sentries by entries and five men who would be patrolling around each building. We indeed have to reinforce the security," Hood said as he was climbed down the catwalk, joined his men around the table and finally took a seat at the edge of it.

"Besides, he is probably really pissed off that we stole his shipment, so I doubt he is not gonna attack us back when we won't be waiting for it," one added and Hood nodded in approval.

"I suggest we attack him first boss. We know a lot of strategic places he owns and we could simply destroy them," a young man whom Red Hood had saved from drug addiction affirmed and some men cheered.

"We have lost a lot of friends in Sunday's explosion, we have to avenge them," another added over the noise.

"And we're lucky they didn't kill ya as well boss."

"Trust me, it takes more to get rid of me," Hood laughed and a broad grin spread across his lips under his helmet, "But I can understand your eagerness. However, we can't allow ourselves to take him down now. It would be really satisfying to cut off his ugly head from his body, I acknowledge that, but not now," Red Hood replied firmly, but not without the same eager tone in his voice than his lieutenants.

"Sir there's also this problem near Crime Alley," a tall brown-haired woman said, her hands shaking slightly. She had been promoted lieutenants a little bit earlier during that week for her good work in the gang but was always nervous when Red Hood was around.

"Which problem near Crime Alley? No one told me about that."

"Yeah uh... We discovered that there's a dealer who sells pills destined to cure the flu to orphan kids but it's in fact some hard drug which causes high brain damages. It is said that Batman or maybe one of his allies are working on this case."

"Oh really?" Hood asked as he straightened up on his chair and under his helmet, Jason was frowning angrily. The whole room fell under a heavy silence filled with tension. Hood cleared his throat after a few seconds which seemed like an eternity for the lieutenants. "I want to know everything about this case, is that clear?" he then turned to face all of his men, "I want to know everything, all of what you know, is that clear? Wasn't it clear enough for all of you when I took your sorry asses in?" he asked menacingly. The lieutenants all exchanged glances and Hood slammed his fist against the table before he shouted, "Wasn't it clear enough?!"