Chapter 2: Crafting an Adventure

Two hours later, after many heated arguments, Jake was given permission by Grandmother to go on an adventure.

--------------

"Emily, where are you?" asked Jake while entering the forests bordering the village.

"Hey there Jake!" greeted Emily as she climbed down a tree.
"So what'd you bring?" asked Jake.
"Well, let's see," said Emily as she opened her backpack inventory and pockets, "I brought a stone pickaxe I bought from Harveys in the village, some cooked fish from my mom, a wooden sword, axe and shovel and oh, I also brought some flint and steel."
Jake smirked. What an amateur Emily was. "Well, I brought stuff I think we'll actually find helpful! We got here 30 dirt, a compass, a water bucket, 5 cakes and a slime ball!" proclaimed Jake.
Emily stared at Jake with giant, deep blue eyes. "That's what you brought?!" shrieked Emily, "Why didn't you bring any tools? How are you going to survive?"
"Uh, well, um... could you chop down some wood for me?" asked Jake.

After 368 days and nights adventuring, Jake FINALLY understood the meaning of tools. In their time, they had achieved many great things including creating a mountain base in the middle of the forest, a wheat farm, a sugar cane farm, a cow and chicken pen, and a mine.

One extraordinarily hot day, the two decided to go mining.

"So, Emily, did you bring that diamond pick of yours?" asked Jake while carrying his iron pick alongside 256 potatoes.
Emily stopped in her tracks. She just remembered something, "Oh poo... I was going to do that until you interrupted me by tripping in front of me and dropping ALL your potatoes on me!! Do you have your crafting table handy?" asked Emily.
Jake put down his potatoes on the mine's floor. He checked his pockets looking for his inflatable crafting table with its "interactive" screen. "Yeah, here ya go!"
Emily took out 2 sticks and 3 diamonds and touched the crafting table. Immediately, a glowing screen appeared midair over the crafting table with a 3 x 3 crafting grid. She slowly put the ingredients in a T fashion. Once the last diamond was placed, a beautiful diamond pick popped out.
"Let's go!" cried Emily enthusiastically. The pair took two steps forward and fell into a very deep hole with a *thump*.

---------------

Unaware, behind where the pair was standing just moments ago, deep in the forest, there lurked a shadow. With a quick flick of the wrist, he teleported back to his master's citadel.