Chapter 12: Glitches, Grief and Games

"Children, don't go too far..."
"Yes Father!" pipped the two children. The young ones ran down the great halls of the castle, playing hide and seek throughout the great chambers and hidden rooms.
"Found you!" yelled the little boy with blond hair.
"No fair!" exclaimed the little boy with brown hair. "Go hide now!"
The two children did this very often. They loved exploring the great castle, and what other way was better to explore a castle than to play hide and seek in it!
After counting to two hundred, the boy with brown hair began to run through the hallways.
"Brother are you here?" he said as he walked into a dark chamber. On the far side of the room, curtains concealed great windows of glass. Inside lay many tables filled with books. As the boy walked through the room, he took a look at the covers of the books on the shelves that reached the ceiling and on the ornate tables. Bored by the titles offering knowledge on Game Coding and Prophetic Legacies, he walked towards the far side of the room. There, he saw a GIANT book that lay on a simple table separated from the rest of the tables. Looking at the cover, he saw two words that he wouldn't understand the meaning until the end of time:  Administrator Commandments. Inside, the young boy read very strange phrases such as /tp & /help. Suddenly, he heard voices coming from the hallway. Quickly, the boy dove behind the curtains that hid the windows from view. Immediately after getting into his hiding place, the doors clocked open via redstone circuitry and in stepped two voices. Listening to their conversation, the boy wondered what they meant.
"Sir, are you sure you must leave so soon?"
"I must, dear friend."
"But what will happen to the Kingdom?"
"It will be managed."
"Give it a year, sir! At least offer the children a good childhood!"
"I have considered it many a time."
"But there is still the matter—"
"Do not speak of it."
"But you will eventually—"
"I will choose. Soon."
"If I may say so..."
There was a pause. The little boy adjusted his position to be more comfortable.
"What is it?"
"Please, do not choose wrongly."
"Of course. We would not want the wrong one to obtain it."
"And sir..."
"Yes?"
"Do not regret your decision, for the better or the worse."
At that point, the little boy sneezed because the room was awfully dusty.
"What was that?"
"I do not know sir. I will go check."
As footsteps approached, the young child heard the door open and close before the curtains were pulled aside.
"Master Hero, what are you doing in here?" said the young butler.
"I was playing hide and seek!" exclaimed Hero with a grin.
"Indeed you were. And quite good at it too. Let us go get you some food now, yes?" The two walked hand and hand out of the room, chatting about all the wonderful things Hero loved in the castle.

----------------

All of this flashed through Herobrine's mind as the gold sword plunged closer and closer to his chest. Suddenly, Hero knew what he had to say. With a quiet croak, Herobrine was able to say the word he had seen so many years ago in a dusty library. "/help". Immediately, Jake was knocked backwards as words appeared in front of Herobrine, revolving around him as if he were a star system. Turning his head to follow them, Herobrine glimpsed words that he thought he would never understand from a book long lost to all. Slowly, he realized that he had a role to fulfill. He knew that he would be able to do what the words beckoned him to do. With little breath in him, he whispered: "/op Emily". The words immediately vanished and the air became very still. All of a sudden, Herobrine thought he heard a scream. Looking he down, he saw a golden sword impaled in his torso. He realized that the person who had screamed was actually him. Lying down on the ground, he made sure to whisper one last word "/unop Notchus_Jr" With his last breath, Herobrine's body disappeared. Immediately after, the world began to violently shake. All around the world, people woke up from great nightmares of enslavement and control. Jake's eyes began to clear up. Looking around him and at his blade, he realized what he had done with a sob. He had killed HEROBRINE!! Inside himself, he finally understood the real villain of Minecraftia. Centuries of lore led people to believe Herobrine was the hated creature, but in reality, the bane of Minecraftia sat in his golden tower, ruling on his iron throne, destroying with his diamond sceptre. The revolution's leader may have been destroyed, but the tides had just turned.