Chapter Ten.

Meghan’s P.O.V.

Why do I have to be so predictable?

Liam knew something was up with me straight away. I did want to tell him, I just didn’t want to sound stupid. "Is it the fans?" He asked softly. I slowly nodded my head. He’s gonna get it out of me one way or another. "You can tell me anything, you know that. I’m always going to be here for you and if I’m not, I’ll be on the other end of the phone, waiting for you."

I sniffed and wiped away my tears with my free hand. "I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t deserve you."

"You keep thinking that, but I strongly disagree." I looked into his chocolate brown eyes. There was a sparkle in them, that I only saw when he was with me. Was I that special? Did I make him feel this happy? As happy as he makes me? His lips curled into a smile and I couldn't help but smile in return. He definitely makes me feel so happy its indescribable. "Promise to tell me what’s up in your own time? I’m in no rush so you don't have to tell me right away, just don’t leave it until it’s gotten worse, ok?"

I nodded. "Thank you for all this by the way, taking me out and the bracelet and listening to me and everything. No other boyfriend has done this much for me before." I probably shouldn't have said that. His hand that was tangled with mine stiffened and I could see his whole body tense up. I put my free hand on top of his and gave him a proper, big smile. "They didn’t mean anything to me like you do. Don’t be like me and get jealous, it would ruin your handsome looks."

Nothing else was said, as our food arrived. We dug in instantly because it smelt extremely good. During the middle of eating, I stopped and set down my knife and fork. Liam looked up at me. He was about to say something, but I got in first. "Your fans. They just seem so over protective of you. I know what they’re like; I used to be one of them. I wasn’t as dedicated as them though. Yeah, I would’ve said things like, “Liam’s mine, clear off” but I was only joking. These ones are ten times worse and I just find it really intimidating that they’d go to this extreme just to be noticed by you - which makes me jealous. I’m scared in case I do something that offends them and they flip and set out to get me." I paused. Liam was looking at me with a weird look on his face. "See, I told you I would sound stupid."

"That wasn’t stupid. I understand what you mean. Don’t get jealous of them. You’re beautiful compared to them. I could pick you out from a massive crowd of girls because I only have eyes for you..." He paused for a brief second before continuing. "I love you."

Those three words pushed all my worried thoughts out of my head. I couldn’t fight the smile any longer. "I love you too." From that very moment, I knew that what I had with Liam was special. I knew that this was for real. The way he said those words to me, proved he didn't just say it to make me feel better. He said it because he meant it. I had just gotten myself into the most craziest life ever. I didn't realise it yesterday when I became his girlfriend, but it hit me like a tonne of bricks this very moment. I was about to start a life with Liam Payne, 1/5 of the biggest boy band in the world. I had no idea what was ahead of me, but I was intrigued to find out. But for now, I was just going to take it one day at a time.

Liam and I sat in silence for a few moments, just smiling at each other. We were interrupted by Liam’s phone ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket to find Zayn calling him. "Hello? ... I’m out for breakfast. About 15 minutes away, why? ... Ok, we’ll leave now. ... Yeah I’ll tell her. Bye." He hung up and shoved his phone back into this pocket. He then looked up at me. "The lads are on their way to the first radio station. They’re dropping Aimee off at the shopping centre so I’ll drop you off there and leave the mini with you since we have a driver."