Chapter 2

After finishing breakfast the next morning, I was about to get ready for school when there was a knock at the door.  Instinctively, I quickly went to the door and opened it, only to see the alpha standing there.

I bowed my head, "Alpha."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me outside to his car.  I tried to pull away from him, but it was hard to ignore the sparks I felt at his touch.

"Where are we g-going?" I stuttered.

He opened the passenger door and made me get in.  As he was putting my seatbelt on, I felt like calling for help.  I stopped myself, knowing it wouldn't work because he was the alpha.  I watched him as he closed my door and got in the driver's seat.

"Where are we going?" I repeat.

"To my house." He growled.

I nervously played with the hem of my shirt, "But I have to go to school."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him glare at me, so I just stayed quiet for the rest of the ride.  After about five minutes, we pulled up to a big house.  Not a mansion, but bigger than a normal house.  He parked the car, "Go inside." he ordered.

"But-"

"Go inside!" His tone scared me so I quickly got out of the car and went inside the house.

My phone started ringing and I looked at it to see that it was Cheyenne.  I quickly answered it, feeling better talking to someone I knew.

"Why aren't you at school?" She asked, "Mom says you're not at home either."

"Well, um... my mate came over while you and mom weren't there, and, well... he took me to his house."

I heard a growl behind me and turned to see Matthew glaring at me again, "What are you doing?" he demanded, coming closer to me.

"I have to go!" I quickly said and hung up the phone.

"I said what are you doing?" His voice was louder this time.

"My-my sister called, won-wondering where I was."

He slapped me which caused me to fall over.  I held the cheek he slapped and started crying.  He bent down turned my head to face him, ""How do I know you weren't calling for someone to come get you?"

"I-I wasn't." I said, trying to stop crying.

"Good." He growled, "And keep it that way, I don't want to have to punish you."

With that, he went upstairs and I heard a door slam shut.  I couldn't believe what just happened, so I let my cat take over.  I changed into my cat form and she walked over to a corner ti lie down.  If I was scared and alone, I always let my cat take over.

"Our mate hates us!" She wailed.

I wanted to reassure her, but I didn't know what to say, "Maybe he just needs time."

"He slapped you!" She continued, "Then he said he would punish us if we tried to leave!"

I couldn't find any arguments for that, he really does hate us.  My cat curled up in a ball and started to fall asleep.