Pregnant?

Clary POV

I lay awake on the bed Jace and I share in the Institute with him fast asleep next to me. While Jace snores softly, I lightly pull away the covers and look at the small bump starting to form on my stomach. As my hand softly brushes over it, I remember the day I found about about Jace Jr in here.

That was about a month ago and I still haven't told Jace.

But hey, don't villainize me yet. I'm only seventeen, so I'm honestly scared about what Jace will think. According to the doctors, I'm two months in. I've just been trying to find a way to tell him. Unfortunately, that includes avoiding Jace most of the time so I don't let it slip. No one knows. I wake up, I eat breakfast, I hide myself away in a new room each day, I eat lunch, go back to the room, eat dinner, go back to the room for a little while longer, and, when Jace is on patrols, slip into bed without Jace confronting me about my behavior. There is some vomiting in there but do honestly expect me to know what time I throw up each day?

Anyway, I'm about to get out of bed to start my new daily routine when a sleeping Jace moves and tightly wraps his arms around my small body. Even though it kinda annoys me, I cuddle into his chest and start to drift off again. What's the harm in me getting a little extra sleep right? It must be good for the baby. So, I let myself fall asleep again.

__/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\__

When I wake up again, I turn to see Jace's golden eyes looking back at me. He smiles when he sees I'm awake and plants a small kiss on my lips. "Look who decided to stay in bed for once," he says playfully.

"Shut up," I groan as I roll over so I'm facing away from him. His arm tightens around me as he nuzzles my neck, planting feather like kisses on it. "Jace," I giggle while he teases me with kisses. I turn around so I'm facing Jace and place my hands on either side of his face. He leans in and kisses me lightly. I hold him there for a couple minutes then pull away. "I have to go," I whisper, lying slightly. "I have a bunch of stuff to do today with my mom. Girls day, you know."

He pouts slightly. "Do you have to? I barely see you anymore. I wake up and you're gone, you show up for meals and disappear again right after, and when I get back from patrols you're already asleep."

"It's...complicated," I say simply before I roll to get out of bed. I walk into the closet and grab one of Jace's gray sweaters and grab a pair of light wash skinny jeans from the drawers before locking myself in the bathroom. "We can go out to eat at Taki's after I get back if you'd like!" I shout through the bathroom door while I change into the jeans. Luckily, my bump isn't so big that I can't wear skinny jeans anymore. Unfortunately, that day will be coming very soon.

"Yeah! Yeah, I'd definitely like that!" Jace calls back through the door. I quickly pull on the oversized sweater and brush my teeth before leaving the bathroom. As soon as I step out, I become trapped in the circle of Jace's arms. He grins down at my as he connects our foreheads. "Have I ever told you how much I love seeing you in my sweaters?" he asks smirking slightly as I blush.

"You may have mentioned it a few times," I say quietly as I close my eyes and place my hands on his chest. His warm breath on my temple is enough to drive me insane. "Are you gonna kiss me or what?" I ask quietly. I can basically feel the smirk on his face growing.

Not five seconds later, his warm, soft lips are covering mine in a sweet but passionate kiss. As the kiss is deepened, my arms wrap themselves around his neck. His teeth nip at my bottom lip and my mouth opens in a soft gasp. His tongue slips in slyly and explores my mouth like a new and undiscovered territory. The feel makes my moans slightly into his mouth. My hands move to his hair where my fingers curls themselves into his golden locks. The sudden feel makes him groan slightly. Jace, deciding to be cheeky, slides his hands down to my butt where he gives it a little squeeze. I squeal slightly as he chuckles into the kiss.