Chapter Thirteen.

Grave's POV.
It's been about a month since the move back to Scranton. About four years of Chris and I dating, yet he has never once talked about commitment. Maybe I was right, maybe he is just using me as a sex slave. I was laying down thinking about all of this when Chris walked in.

"Baby, you haven't gotten out of bed all day. Is something wrong?" He asked as he sat down beside me and stroked my hair. I shrugged and turned to face him. He had concern in his warm brown eyes.

"I'm just thinking. It seems that every time I am here, it feels like all I am is a sex slave or someone to help you get over Desi." The Desi thing slipped and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"You think it was my choice to have my wife leave me! I didn't choose that! That's why I couldn't commit. I didn't want you to leave!" He shouted as he got up and ran  a frustrated hand through his hair. I got up as well, regardless of the fact that I was basically naked.

"Maybe I wouldn't feel like this if you would just how me that you love me for something other than my body!" I shouted back. He was silent and I grabbed my suitcase, then started packing.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he grabbed my hand.

"Let me go, bastard." I spat at him. He had tears filling his eyes, but I didn't feel sorry. I finished packing and rushed out. This is why eighteen year olds don't make choices, we're stupid. I wasted four years of my life with him! I'm twenty-two, and I could be with someone else other than him.

"Grave, wait!" He shouted as he ran after me. I stopped and turned to face him.

"Wait for what? For you to love me? Well, I've been waiting long enough for that. I waited for four years for you to love me, Chris, and you never did." I told him. He was crying now. I popped the trunk to his BMW i-8 and put my bags in it. After that, I got in the drivers seat and he beat on the window.

"Grave! Please, I'll be better!" He shouted as he hit the hood. I peeled out of the drive way and started driving back towards California, leaving him in the drive way by himself.
As I drove on I could hear my phone buzzing. It was Chris. He was constantly calling and texting me. I could barely see through the storm that was going on, though so I figured I'd better not reach for it. But it was still getting harder and harder to see. Soon I couldn't see anything so I pulled to the side and decided to check what was going on. All of the sudden I felt something crash into me, and I was sent tumbling down in the car. It wasn't too long before I blacked out.
CHRIS'S POV.
After Grave left I walked back inside to sort my mind out when I heard the news come on.

"A huge storm is coming into Scranton so we advise that everyone stays in! The roads are hard to see and you will most likely crash." I heard the weather reporter state. Shit! Grave! I grabbed my phone and dialed Grave's number quickly. Voice mail. Dialed it again, voice mail. I finally just left a message.

"Grave, you need to turn around now! I'm not kidding, your life is at risk!" I shouted. I decided to send her some texts as well. Still, no reply. I tried calling her, but got another voice wail.

"Grave Brooke Bagans, I am not joking! Get your ass back here before I call someone to find you!" I shouted. I hung up. Then I got a call.

"Is this Christoper Cerulli?" The man asked.

"This is he, is everything okay?" I questioned, panicking.

"Not really, we found your BMW i-8 flipped over on the side of the road. It had a young woman in it, probably about 22. Do you know her?" He informed me. Grave...

"Yes! That's my girlfriend! Is she okay?" I was panicking horribly now.

"She's still breathing and is now in the hospital. What would you like to do about your car?" He asked me. I scoffed.

"I can replace a car, I can't replace Grave. I'll be at the hospital as soon as possible." I exclaimed as I hung up. I grabbed my jacket and my keys, then rushed out. The weather was calming down a bit so it was easier to drive, but still pretty hard.
When I got to the hospital I ran up to the desk and requested to see Grave as soon as possible. I was escorted to her and sat down beside her bedside. Her injuries weren't too bad. She had a few scrapes, maybe a broken bone or something, but nothing major. When she woke up she turned to look at me.

"C-Chris?" She asked as she opened her eyes. I grabbed her hand.

"I am so sorry for everything, Grave. But I really hate seeing you in the hospital. You have to stop getting hurt." I stated, trying to lighten the mood. She smiled a small smile.

"Oh, shit. Your car. It's ruined, I crashed i-" I cut her off by shooshing her.

"A car is replaceable, you are not. Grave, just come back. I promise I'll be better." I begged. She was about to say something, but her eyes shut and her breathing slowed.

"Grave? Grave, you gotta stay with me, baby. Come on, wake up! Don't do this to me!" I shouted as I started crying. The nurse and some doctors rushed in and I was pushed out.
A few hours later, the doctors came out.

"Mr. Cerulli?" They asked. I looked at them with hopeful eyes, but they were all looking at the papers.

"Ms. Bagans may not make it..."