CHAPTER TWO

Tsuki woke up to an alarm she had set for school and got dressed into her school uniform after taking a shower. She wondered if Grimmjow chose her uniform for her, it seemed logical since he knew her size and all. She shrugged the thought off of Grimmjow choosing lady clothes and shooting onlookers dirty looks as they looked on in curiosity. And the underwear section... Oh dear lord... She couldn't think of anybody else, or maybe it was Nel, maybe Nel was here before them to do some prescribed shopping, Nel had been gone for a few days before the time and honestly, this theory set her mind to ease.

Her socks went up to mid-thigh and her yellow school jersey looked like it was engulfing her grey skirt it was that long, but it fit her perfectly. She sat down at the dresser, she looked exactly the same as she did a few years ago, only her hair had grown even longer and her curves had filled out a bit. She sighed and applied light eyeliner, mascara and light pink lip gloss, with the makeup choice she was convinced her theory about Nel was correct - she couldn't imagine Grimmjow makeup shopping.

Tsuki pushed her headband up and her hair fell into its natural waves. She looked at the time, 6:30 - time to wake Grimmjow up.

She was fearful, but she took a breath and opened the door, "G-G-Grimmj-j-ow...?" Grimmjow moaned and stirred in his sleep, "Wha-at?" The sheets moved at his shuffling and Tsuki thought it looked like a mole trying to dig a hole. "You need to get up. We have school." Tsuki said carefully, she basically repeated his words from the previous night.

Grimmjow groaned and sat up. Tsuki went a bit red at the sight of Grimmjow with bed hair, it was certainly appealing. In Hueco Mundo she was usually up before him and paid him no mind.
Grimmjow scanned her, "You look different." In honesty, he thought she looked cute and pretty. Tsuki wanted to mention that it was probably because she was wearing a different attire, but that would likely result in her stuttering and babbling on and that was just not on the agenda for the day.
"Thank you." She choked out and went downstairs to prepare breakfast.

At school they entered in silence. Tsuki a meter behind him as always. She looked around with sparkling eyes, she looked at the new faces - some friendlier than others. She received a wave from a tall orange haired girl from across the school yard, and Tsuki, out of respect waved back before shyly averting her gaze. Her heart was pounding with both fear and excitement. She didn't know why, but there was a sudden outburst of confidence in her and she smiled at the thought of new opportunities.

"You must be new here, I'm sure I'd remember somebody as sexy as you." A boy smirked into Tsuki's ear. Tsuki squeaked, she was so lost in thought she hadn't even noticed the boy get so close to her. She gently shoved him away from her and out of her bubble with a short gasp.

Grimmjow spun around, "Hey!" The boy looked at Grimmjow at first smugly, but after getting a good look at his build - he became somewhat fearful.  "Stay away from her," Grimmjow nodded once towards Tsuki before he said aggressively," now scram!" Grimmjow growled in both anger and frustration as he turned back to walking and shoved his hands in his pockets. The boy had long since gathered his pride and walked off coolly. Grimmjow didn't like it when another guy was near Tsuki. He didn't know why but it would make his blood boil, and so did Nel pointing out that it was because he loved Tsuki.

"Thank you." Tsuki said gratefully.

"You gotta learn how to take care of yourself." Grimmjow muttered and continued to walk after he stopped for a moment to have her speak. He didn't think Tsuki wasn't strong, he only thought she didn't know how to use her strengths and thus she only stuttered most of the time and acted like she was very shy. Nel had mentioned before that Tsuki did have a sassy side, only she became scared in front of him and this sort of pissed him off because he would like to see this mystery side that Nel keeps speaking of. Grimmjow knew Tsuki had a bad side, an 'evil' side, because he had witnessed it in a battle against Nnoitora once. They began the battle out of fun, but it became serious and Nnoiora's ego got the better of him and he was seriously considering hurting Grimmjow, but to Grimmjow's distaste and surprise - Tsuki came to his aid and jumped in front of the two and Aisen luckily stopped the fight before Nnoitora could strike Tsuki.
This was the moment Nel likes to say when Grimmjow began to love Tsuki and hate her. By doing this, she hurt Grimmjow's pride and pissed him off because he was going to either kill Nnoitora or die trying. However, he also began to love her even though it's her job to protect him with her life.