4

It was an everyday routine for her, waking up, dressing up with something she desperately tells herself that she's comfortable with and putting on a light make up, which was, what dennise taught her. "Every girl looks different with make up on" as dennise would always explain to alyssa.

But there was one thing that no one taught her to do, it was another type of make up, it was something that covers every thing she hid behind. 

Her sadness, her unwillingness to live, her anger and her jealousy, all hidden to everyone around her with just one simple pretend of a smile. Her most precious cover up. 

Alyssa started heading down to the dinning area, as she was near it, she heard familiar voices talking and in the end of the conversation, clearly she could hear her parents laughing. She doesn't need to see who's those voices belongs to, she knew right away. It was none other than Aden and Dennise. 

It was already a normal thing in the Valdez family having dennise early at their house, since dennise is Aden's girlfriend and they have been childhood friends since. For a sixteen year old  beauty she seems to enjoy waking up early and head out to another house, normal right?. Dennise would always reason out, that she just making sure that Aden would not skip school and as well not being late which Mr. and Mrs. Valdez appreciates greatly. 

But before alyssa could enter the dinning area, she leaned herself against the wall and close her eyes. She sighed deeply and thought of her daily what if's.

" What if I never existed...If I was never born...would that make any difference?......" she thought. 

Aly: A huge difference...they won't have to worry about another sibling but just only one....and I would spare myself of this pain. 

Alyssa smiled, amused of the answer she gave herself. A part of her always thought that she was a heavy baggage, dragging her family down to be happy. Like she was the problem that seems has no answer. A cancer, no matter the treatment done to it, it cannot still be cured. Her only way out is just to die. 

Aly: When I finally die....they would mourn...just for a bit...and after that...life goes on...everything goes back to normal...they would still live on without me....yeah, that's right. I'm good with that. Definitely good with that. (she talked to herself and smiled).

Satisfied of the answer she gave herself, she then finally entered the dinning area, greeting everyone in the room.

Aly: Good Morning people! 

Den: Besh!! Good morning! (she cheerfully greeted)

Aly: Oh besh! ang aga mo naman bumisita sa amin. hahaha. Naku kuya! pasalamat ka kay besh dahil ang haba nga pacenxia niya sayo! hahaha. Naku! Naku! hahaha.

Aden: Wow! Grabe naman! Good boy ata to! haahha.

Aly: Good boy? May good boy ba palaging late!? hahahaha.

Aden: Pssh. Atleast yan lang sa akin..hindi katulad ng iba diyan, nawawala minsan...nanonuod ng soccer practice..at mahilig matulog sa soccer field...(tinaasan niya ng kilay si alyssa habang naka ngiting nakakaloko)