Chapter One: The awakening

Glaravins POV

I was awoken from my slumber by a loud ringing noise comming from my phone. It was Monday morning already, the weekend went by so fast and, I didn't even realise it.

I glanced over to my phone screen to see that it was five thirty. I had to get dressed and eat breakfast in less than forty minutes before the school bus came to pick me.

I was in my incredibly small closet trying to pick out which clothes to wear. I decided on a floral print dress just above the knees with a pink cardigan and a pair of red slippers. I had taken the slipper from my daughter last week but I never returned them, I guess she forgot

Which means I got to keep them.

I waited at the end of the street in the warm Mombasa air. When I herd a sound. It was the Light acadmy bus. Its came to a stop in front of me. I got on and what I saw made my blood boil.

Josephine Wachenge. She was sitting right next to Sobato. I had no idea what to do. I was so mad. I stared at them for what felt like hours before I took a seat, when Josephine noticed me.

"Good morning Glaravin." She said with a smirk on her face. I gave her a weak smile before I quickly turned away. I didn't even want to look at him.

After the bus ride that felt like hours I got off. I honestly didn't feel like talking to anyone. I rushed into the female staffroom unlocked my locker and put my bags into it. I wasn't in the mood if teaching today. Just seeing him with her made me furious.

I took a glance over to my time table I was free for the first two lessons before I had to go to Year 10. Oh, the way I hated that class. They were noisy manner less pumpkins and we're all very shameless. That's when I remembered that Sobato and I share the same hatred fore that class, that's what began our love. I hate to admit it but If it was not for that noisy class I wouldn't be with him.

Glaravin! Get a hold of yourself you need to forget him.

My subconscious was right I needed to forget him otherwise I would hurt myself. There was hardly anyone in the staffroom. I walked over to my desk and placed my head on it and slowly drifted away.

I woke up to a buzzing sound, it was the bell. I lifted my head up and went to the washroom. I looked like a mess. Bloodshot eyes, hair sticking out in all directions and worst of all my dress was beginning to crinkle. I sighed. I put some water in my hands and began to wash my face and fix my hair. I gathered my books and headed off to Year 10.

This class. Surely this class would be the death of me. I was already angry from being woken up and top that all of with what happened in the bus today. I didnt want any nonsense from them today. Not today.

I stormed into the class and smacked my books on the table. I told all of the old students to take out their simplified swahili books and ofcource none of them had it. I was more furious when safa decided to start screaming at the top of her lungs. This girl made it impossible to teach. I was beginning to reconsider my chic in courier.

Breathe...

I counted from one to ten. I was beginning to calm down. I took out my marker and began to write a title on the board.

Ngeli ya U-I

I began to write. When I taught kiswahili it was like I was in a other world. This lesson was my passion and I would not let anyone, not even safa, to take this away from me.

I was in my peace of mind until I herd people talking in somali behind me. I cringed in disgust. Oh how I hated somalis.

I spun on my heel when I noticed that it was Aisha. She was eating a cookie in my class! How dare she! She thinks this is some kind of a diner with a show! Oh, I'll give her a dinner with a show. I shouted her name at the top of my lungs. She quickly faced me. She immediately began to hide the cookie trying to act like I never saw it.

"No eating in my class!" I shouted

"Sorry miss I -" before she could Finnish I cut her off.

" No sorry here. Come sit on the floor!" I shouted

She argued back and after a while just gave in. Normally in a situation like this I wouldn't act this way. Aisha was a nice girl. Cousin to Samia and I belived she could be good if she wanted to.

I continued with my lesson. During the last ten minutes I decide to let the idiots be free. I was just reading my book when I got a message.

Sobato: Hey We need to talk

I couldn't belive it.