Chapter Two: Promise

Glaravins POV

The rest of the day went on in a haze. I was so ready to go home and take a hot bath. It was four fourty so it was almost time for the bus to leave. I bid goodbye to the rest of the teachers and walked out of the staffroom.

I'll admit today was really crappy but I had tomorrow to fix this up. I walked into the bus and took a seat at the back. Every other teacher was sitting at the front but I needed space. I needed to be alone.

Me.myself and I .

I pulled out my phone and stared at his message.

Sobato: Hey We need to talk.

What did he mean? I didnt really understand. I was interrupted in my deep thoughts by a voice. A familiar one. I turned my head to see him.

It was sobato. What did he want?

"Is this seat taken?" he asked

I ignored him. I didn't feel like talking.

"Okay. Poa." He said I expected him to walk away but he just sat next to me.

I turned to face the window. I didn't feel right.

"Nkt. Unataka nini?" I said I was annoyed.

"Glaravin, we need to talk." He said

I stood up and walked towards the door and asked the driver to drop me here. I could get a motorbike from here.

I hopped out only to hear footsteps behind me.

Jesus! What did he want

"Glaravin!" He shouted.

I was to busy running. My feet were gonna be so swolen the next day.

I aproached a motorbike when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Usinishike!" I shouted.

I honestly didn't want to make a scene, especially in a matatu and motorbike stage.

"Let me at least pay for you" he said

I didn't hesitate. I knew I needed to pay for my foot surgery. I needed to save every shilling I had in order to pay for it. This man was very generous with his money.

Maybe I could use him to get me food.

I hopped on the motorbike and to my surprise he was getting on another one too. He told his driver to follow us.

I got off the bike and sobato wasn't far behind. He rushed before me and insisted to hold my bag for me. I didn't hesitate. Honestly I didn't want to carry my bag.

We were walking when we past by a kiosk. It was small. He offered to buy me anything. I didn't hesitate. If I was lucky I could save some of the food to eat later. I took a soda and a packet of scones. I was eating on the walk.

We reached in front of my house. I took my bag off him and he realised this was far enough. I thanked him.

"I had fun. We should do this again sometime." He said with a smile.

I giggled. And began smiling like the idiot I truly was. I was In a good mood.

"Bye sobato. Save me a seat sowa?" I said.

"Okay Gravy anything for you.Promise "

I ran inside. My whole face was burning up.

He gave me a nickname. Sure it wasn't the sweetest thing but it was a start.

Gravy.gravy.gravy.gravy.gravy.

The only thing I was thinking about.

I went over to my closet and tried picking out a new outfit for tomorrow . I went to the back of my closet and never found anything I hadn't worn in a long time. I went to my daughters closet and found something.

It was a blue shirt with long ends. It was gorgeous. It resembled a crop top to me because. All the teenagers wear it now a days.I paired it with a pair of mens trousers that I borrowed from my neighbours askari. Heh, I bet Josephine had nothing like this too bad. I was going to steal the show tomorrow.

Josephine didn't know what was coming her way.