Chapter Ten: Importance

Zacharias POV (*bio teacher)

Im walking down the halls and suddenly feel my phone buzzing.

Glaravin: Zacharia time to pay up. Ask sobato if Josephine ate dinner and spent the night at his place.

So thats what she wants. But I wasnt gonna go to Sobato straight. I didnt a
Want to seem like a gossip. I went to the second best place I knew. I texted back:

Zacharia: Am on my way. Wait for reply.

Glaravin:Ok

She wanted to know. I went straight to the gossip of the school. Phylis, the librarian. She knew what was up. She spent all her time in the library so she knew all the gossip coming from the ladies staffroom and the males one.

I didn't do this because of Glaravin or anything like loving her. NO. It's clear I don't love her. She's too ugly... I did this because I get really confused in my schedule. I mix up the classes and come either before or after my class was ended. This was like the third time this week.

Mr Briviant (Deputy Head Master) told me that if this happens again I would be dead so yeah.

"Sobato made dinner plans with Josephine and they made dinner together. This was when him and Glaravin fought. He completely forgot. They had a food fight and watched a movie then fell asleep." Said Phylis.

"I don't know much so far. Wait until after lunch then I'll tell you all I know." Thats all she knew.

Thats when I decided to reply Glaravin.

Zacharia: Hey yeah its true. Sorry. I'll get deets* later .

I stared at the message for what felt like hours.

Did I feel bad for sending this? No.

Did I feel good about not giving a full explanation? Yes.

She deserved a full explanation but I wasn't gonna be all softie on her. I wanted to see drama. After two minutes of her not replying I decided to send her another message.

Zacharia: Hey. Are you okay? :^)

Glaravin: No. Heartbroken.

Zacharia: Tell me where you are.

Glaravin: Just leave me alone. I'm ugly and worthless!

Zacharia: No I cnt. Just say your not making this easier.

Glaravin: I'm in the ladies washroom.

I felt bad. So bad. Sobato couldn't keep treating her like this! But i wanted drama but, She was a human being too.

Every human being had an importance.

She had an importance.

I decided to go and talk to her. I came with a soda and some cakes and knocked on the ladies washroom. There was noone in the hall ways which made it luckier for me.

First knock. Nothing.

Second knock. Nothing.

Third knock. Nothing.

After standing outside for a while,I decided to text her.

Zacharia: Glaravin. Open up. Its me.

After two minutes she opens up. I enter with her. She sat on the toilet seat and I on the floor. I passed over the cakes and sodas to her which she decoupled in seconds.

I didn't even know what I was doing here. I guess I kinda felt bad for not giving a full explanation. Hah! Nah I just wanted drama.

I broke the silence.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"How do you think I'm feeling! I feel worthless like a peice of garbage. I'm no different from the chokoraas you find on the streets!" She cried.

I want good at girl drama. So I tried my best.

"Uh..I don't think your completely worthless. And difference between you and chokoraas is you have nice clothes and stuff. Your not that ugly." I lied.

She looked at me and then continued crying. I swear if this school had a newspaper this would be on the front page. I could already see a heading in bold.

Glaravin is cheated on by sobato and his mistress Josephine.

It would be so cool! Oh wait back to reality.

Glaravins crying out her eyes! What should I do. I slowly begin stroking her back and she looks up and pushes me into her arms for an embrace. I wasn't a fan of hugging.

I let go after a few minutes when she said something that made my heart warm.

"Thankyou. You're a true friend."