Chapter 18 - Part 2

15 votes on the last chapter!!! You guys are the best!!!!!!!!

To all of my fans - Kris Tinaimon, percyjaccksonlife, star9daat, oohsizzle0831, fille_de_fleur, MarianneSwain, bjenks, Secretcrush2010, Orangina69, lizzielizzie, KillerShadow, Tinker050, Rhian1997, Livi121, TheUltimateStarkid, twilit_sky, Mandydwyers, FleurDeLys, MakaylaNovak, bearbearVAMP, lalalandmaniac, dabestderis, LeslieSophia, shamrocks4eva, mushroom39, and iAmME6989 - THANK YOU SO MUCH for being supportive of someone who hasn't written in ages.

I sincerely apologize for not writing - my only, lame, excuse is that I've been busy the whole summer and couldn't write :/ But I'm getting back on schedule!

Here's the second part of Chapter 18! It's quite short, but I'll be posting up Chapter 19 soon. VERY soon. Comments/Votes are always appreciated!

* * *

Chained. Beaten up. Weak. Imprisoned.

    These words flitted through Ariel’s mind ass he stared at the blond-haired man in the Iris message. How was it possible?

    Apollo was a god!

    But there was no mistaking the good-looking guy that was chained to the floor.

    “DAD!” Austin yelled, staring at his father, reaching out for him.

    “Don’t cut the connection!” Katie pulled Austin’s arms back. He stopped struggling, but continued to stare at the mist in horror.

    Apollo looked up at the three demigods staring at him. He broke into a smile. “Well, if it isn’t a few of my favorite demigods saying hello.”

    Ariel gaped at the god’s appearance: The golden glow that had been so strong was almost nonexistent. Apollo looked almost tired, as if he had not slept for days. But it had only been a half hour!

    “Dad, what happened?” Austin asked, freeing his hands from Katie’s grip.

    “Let’s just say that the encounter between me and Kampe didn’t go so hot.” Apollo grinned. “Get it? Hot? Ha! Anyway, right after you got out of the car – ”

    Katie coughed. “You flipped the car over and made us fall out.”

    “Oh, right.” Apollo turned to Ariel, still smiling. “I was planning for you guys to jump out of the car, but only Ariel understood. Good job, by the way, for figuring out my clues.”

    Ariel looked away from him, too ashamed to look him in the eye.

    “Can’t you get out of the chains?” Austin pleaded desperately. “I mean… you’re a god.”

    Apollo sighed. “Gods can’t do everything, son.”

    “What?” Katie exclaimed, shocked. “How powerful are those chains?”
    “Enough to keep a god imprisoned, that’s for sure.” Apollo joked lightly.

    Ariel started to pale. Imprisoned. A god, imprisoned.

    This is all my fault.

    “No, it’s not.” Apollo interjected. Ariel nearly gasped – did he read her mind?
    “And yes I can.” Apollo smiled again. “Ariel, don’t blame yourself for thing you didn’t do. You’re not the monster who imprisoned me.”

    But I’m the reason! Ariel thought frantically. If I hadn’t ridden your car, you wouldn’t have been captured!

    “Ariel, listen to me. Kampe gave me a choice, remember? I could’ve given you up, but I didn’t. It was entirely up to me whether I wanted to get captured or not.”

    This jolted Ariel’s despair. Then why did you choose me over your sister?

    Austin looked at Ariel strangely. “Uh, clarification please?”

    “I keep forgetting that humans can’t read minds.” Apollo chuckled. “And I already knew where Artemis was. Where she is right now.”

    Katie gasped. “She’s there, isn’t she? Imprisoned like you?”

    Austin frowned. “I remember Chiron and Annabeth talking about how they couldn’t reach her or any of the hunters. But dad – who is powerful enough to capture two gods?”

    Apollo shook his head. “I can’t tell you. You’ve got to find out yourself. But you need to remember that – ”

    The mist suddenly evaporated, cutting off Apollo’s words.

    “No! Wait!” Austin protested to the disappearing mist.

    But the three demigods could only sit and watch the mist go away, making them feeling more helpless than before.