Chapter 21: Battl Of The Conscience

"I am not wearing that!"
"You wear it, or you wear nothing!"
"I hate you, powderpuff....."
"Love you too, peasant! Shortie is already waiting, now hurry up!"

Neveya groaned, well more like made a dying whale noise, whilst scowling at the neatly folded traditional Xingese dress in her tanned arms. Grumbling, she walked with her face to the floor.

RRRRRRRRRRR......

Hearing a strange noise that was not to her belonging, the ishvalan looked up, only to be met with a strange sight.

A ginormous....thing was munching on some sort of green stick, staring at her with an uninterested and monotone expression. For what seemed like hours, Neveya and the creature stared at one another.

"OH MY GOD! Shao May! That's where you lumbered off too! Mummy was worried sick!"

Mei, Xiao's mother, came rushing over. She hugged the panda closely beforr looking at Neveya strangely, "What's the matter? Never seen in black and white before?"

Neveya shook her head, wide eyed and in shock, "What is that?"
"Oh honey; this is Shao May, our family pet."
"ITS HUGE!!"

Mei laughed, "She wasn't always this big."

Neveya sighed, looking at the dress in her hands.

"You want help getting ready too?"
"Ready? Ready for what?"
"The Emperor is bringing his wife, children and nephew here for dinner! The children will be staying here for a while though, as their imperialisms have unfinished business to attend to."
"....huh...."

Mei sighs, "You foreigners really are clueless....especially you coloured ones...."
"COLOURED?! WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"
"We must fix it later, but first, your dress!"
"Oh no...."
---------------------------
Hours passed, and Mei had managed to prepare both Alanah, Neveya and Her daughter. All were ready to the imperial family's arrival.

-----------------------

"They're here, girls!"

Neveya sighed, shaking and standing beside Alanah and her royal pain in the ass, Xiao, who was smirking over at her somewhat hatefully, as if DARING her to stuff up tonight.

'They both look so beautiful......and i just look....normal....'

She jumped at the sound of a door shutting, and Xiaos mother laughing.

"Welcome! Welcome! Come this way! Meet my beloved daughter and the new recruits!'

For that whole time....Neveya hadn't even dared to look up. But when she did....her breathe stopped...her mind froze....her heart faltered.....as she saw the older male watching her awkward gaze....

'Oh my god....He's gorgeous....'
'WAIT! NO! STOP TALKING! BAD CONSCIENCE! BAD INNER SELF!!'
'But-!"
"DON'T EVEN SAY IT!!"
'....'
'.....hm.....but maybe conscience is right....he is pretty cute....hehehe~'