When You Were Young

Eli's POV

I saw her fall over and I knew it was time to go to the hospital. There no telling what that asshole could've given her. I grabbed my cell phone and called 911.

"What is your emergency?" The operator asked.

"My sister passed out. She may have been poisoned." I said trying to stay calm. I was worried about my sister.

"What's your address?" She asked.

 "303  Cairn heights road. But its not the big house it's the pool house." I said.

"Okay we will be there soon." he said and hung up. I waited patiently for them to arrive, they got there within about five minutes.

"What happened?" A woman asked as she sat her up and looked at her pupils with a tiny flashlight.

"We were at a party and she went off and was dancing with some guy and we went home and she said that she didn't feel good and I asked her if she let him give her any drinks and she passed out." I said and the woman looked at me.

 "You're her brother right?"  

"Yeah." 

 "Okay just checking." She said and started an I.V. on her.

 They put her on a stretcher and put her in the back of the ambulance. I went into my parent's house and woke my mom up.

"What is it?" She asked still half asleep.

"It's Brooke." I said and she jumped up out of bed.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

 "Just get dressed we're going to the hospital." I said and she looked at me.

"You'd better explain more on the way there." She said and got up and went to her closet, trying not to wake my dad up.

"I'll wait for you in the car." I whispered and she nodded.

I walked down stairs and out the front door and got in my car and started the engine. A couple of minutes later my mom walked out of the house and ran to the car. She got in the car and sighed.

"Now, what happened?" She asked.

"Well, we kind of went to a party and she met a guy and then we came home and she started saying she didn't feel good then she passed out. I think he might have slipped her something." I said.

"Why in the hell did you go to a party?" She asked getting pissed.

"I don't know." I said.

A few minutes later we were in the hospital's parking lot. I parked the car and we went to the Emergency room. My mom ran up to the desk.

 "Where's my daughter?" She asked.

 "What's the name?" The nurse asked.

 "Spencer. Brooke Spencer." My mom said trying to get a deep breath.

 "Okay, she's in room nineteen." She said and my mom went towards the double doors.

 "Ma'am I'm afraid you can't go back yet." She said and my Mom walked back over to the desk.

"Why not?" She asked pissed.

"They're trying to figure out what happened. It's kind of a mess back there right now... You'll be able to go back soon. Just not now. I'm sorry." The nurse said and my Mom sighed.

She walked over to the waiting room and sat down. I sat down next to her. I heard her breathing fast.

"Panic attack?" I asked and she nodded as she got a paper bag out of her purse.

 "Everything will be fine." I said and leaned back in the chair.

"No, it won't. This is your fault." She said and gave me a go-to-hell look.

"Okay, I should've been watching out for her." I said.

"No, you shouldn't have went to the party. Period." She said and put her lips up to the bag again.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I don't think that will be enough this time. What if she dies?" She asked with tears rimming her eyes.

 "I don't know.." I said. 

"You've got to quit being so careless." She said and took several deep breaths into the bag.

"I know." I said.

"Can you imagine what your father is going to have to say about all this?" She asked. "No." And frankly I didn't want too. 

 "Mrs. Spencer?" The nurse at the desk said.

"Yes?" My mom said.

"You can go back now."  She said and My mom and I walked through the double doors.

When we walked into the room Brooke was lying on the table with tubes coming out of her arms. She was still out cold. The doctor walked into the room.

"Are you the mother?" He asked.

 "Yes." My mom said.

 "Her brother called 911 and stated that she may had been poisoned." He said.

"Yeah, I did." I said.

"She wasn't poisoned. We ran tests and nothing toxic was found. But she's starving. And very dehydrated." he said.

 "Has she been eating normally in your presence?" He asked.

 "She usually doesn't eat with us. She lives in the pool house in the back yard." She said and stared at Brooke.

 "Eating disorders are typical with girls her age, older and younger. We're going to get a dentist in here and make sure that she's not bulimic." He said and my Mom looked up at him.

 "No, she doesn't have an eating disorder. Not Brooke. She wouldn't do something like that." She said and the doctor sighed.

"Well, We're going to check anyway." He said.

 "Okay." She said. The doctor went out of the room and my Mom looked at me.

"Maybe, it wasn't your fault then. I'm sorry baby." She said and she hugged me.

"It's okay." I said and pulled away.

A few minutes later another doctor came in and opened her mouth and looked at her teeth with some different tools that I didn't know the names of. He closed her mouth and put all his tools back into his bag.

 "She's Bulimic." He said and stood by the table.

"What?" My Mother asked.

  "She's Bulimic." He said again.

"What do we do?" She asked.

"I'm not the person you should talk with about this." He said and walked out of the room.

A few minutes later a Doctor came in. I tuned out the rest. I didn't really want to hear that my sister was doing this to herself.

Brooke wouldn't have done something like this... No, she would've had to have been put up too it. But who would've made her do this? Jeremy.