1,2,3,4

I pulled away when I heard something coming up the stairwell.

"Hide." I whispered to Jeremy.

"Where?" He asked.

"My closet." I said and laid down in my bed.

He went into the closet and shut the double doors just in time.

 "Everything okay?" Eli asked.

 I opened my eyes and yawned.

"Yeah." I said.

"I thought I heard someone up here." He said.

"No. It's just me." I said.  "Now, let me sleep." I said.

 He walked out of the room. I waited for a few seconds and listened carefully.

 "Okay, you can come out now." I whispered and Jeremy came out of the closet.

 He sat down on the bed and leaned against the headboard and put his arm around me.

 “I missed you.” Jeremy said and kissed me on the cheek.

“I missed you too.” I said and snuggled into his chest. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up a couple of hours later, to find Jeremy asleep lying next to me. I gently shook his shoulder and he cracked his right eye open and looked at me.

“What?” He asked groggily.

 “You need to wake up.” I said

“Are you going to make me leave?” He asked and sighed.

“No, not unless you have too.” I said and he opened both of his eyes and looked at the clock.

 “Oh shit!” He said as he jumped up from my bed.

“What?” I asked.

“I’m going to be late for my Uncle’s wedding rehearsal.” He said and grabbed his stuff and walked over to the window.

 “That reminds me… Do you want to be my date?” He asked.

“Yeah! When is it?” I asked. “Today’s Wednesday so….” He looked up at the ceiling.

“Friday.” He said.

 “I’ll be there.” I said and smiled at him.

He walked over to the bed and kissed me and went back out the window. I got up out of my bed and went over to my closet and opened up the doors I had to see if I had a dress. I skimmed through everything I owned and couldn’t find one dress. Not even one that didn’t fit anymore. Or one that my mom had picked out that was too ugly to wear in public…

 I threw on some clothes and grasped for my car keys that should’ve been on my dresser. I walked down stairs and saw Eli sitting in the loveseat watching TV. He turned halfway and shoved a mouthful of popcorn in his mouth.

“Oh, hey.” He said and waved and smiled at me.

 “Hi.” I said as I looked around and under random objects.

“Have you seen my car keys?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He said quietly and turned back towards the TV.

“And…?” I said and waited for a response but got nothing. “Where the hell are they?” I asked and crossed my arms.

 “Mom has them.” He said.

“Why?” I asked wishing he would just get to the point.

 “Just go talk to her about it.” He said and shrugged his shoulders.