Chapter 27: Brat-fits and temper tantrums

Hey nerds, I'm sorry I'm not sorry I haven't updated in a while, seeng as how I'm pretty sure I update for me- and just a handful of you who read this,

Also because I was up to my neck with college work and all I seem to be doing is sleeping ang going for class and sleeping some more (This college thing sucks, believe me) but well.

I'm writing when I get the time, and I've figured out how I want to end this story-

I'm just not sure about the when.

Enjoy this, I'm off to bed.

And it's 12:30 in the afternoon.

Leave your comments etc below, song to the side is 'Master Hunter' by Laura Marling, it sort of literally describes Sam, so yeah.

I will see you in a week or so, since I want nothing more than to get this story done with.

______________________________

It took less than the usual twenty minutes it usually did to get to Ryan’s place from Ameya’s.

Mainly because the minute he grabbed his man purse, he also snatched the car keys from its bowl by the door and screeched a goodbye to his mother, quickly explaining that we were heading to Ryan’s to hang out.

The way he said it though, and the amount he was worrying…

It was as if he thought of him as more than a friend.

A brother, maybe.

The thing is, Ameya was a terrible driver.

His lane coordination was terrible, he frequently got confused between left and right, and couldn’t differentiate between the accelerator and the break.

Needless to say, I’d never get into a car with him as the driver again unless I wanted to vomit, or hurl myself from a moving car.

By the time we got there, I hauled myself and my bag out of the car before he could park, and I stood by one of the bins in the neighbourhood and heaved, just in case I’d have to throw up the little lunch (And two bowls of Ramen Ameya had made for me) I’d had earlier that afternoon.

Once he’d broken about a thousand traffic rules, he took my hand and the two of us sped into the building, into the elevator, and in under a minute, we were at Tee’s.

I’d never been to her place before, nor had I ever met her parents, so I was prepared for the worst.

I mean, I was having a pretty terrible hair day AND I was still in my School Uniform.

Perfect.

I was ready to meet my best friend’s parents, alright.

“Oh Val, don’t fret.’ Ameya called me out on my anxiety, and thus lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders. ‘You’re so predictable, god. Her parents aren’t home. They rarely are.” He said, and rung the doorbell a million times.

An older-looking version of tee, disgruntled and disoriented appeared before us a few minutes later clad in a nightie, and I heard Ameya whisper “Oops” before greeting Tee and Caleb’s Mother.

Tired and spaced out, she invited us in and struck light conversation with the two of us as we made our way into their living room.

A costume designer for large-scale production films, her husband and she had recently returned from a Location shoot, and thus were very sleepy.

Excusing her appearance, she took our leave to go to bed, and knocked on Tee’s door, screaming to announce our arrival, in a very Tee like way.

I now know where Tee got it from.