Chapter 14: ...Legal Partner?

Hello there!

Thank you for reading :)

This is dedicated to Myself92 for being really nice and vocal about this story :)

Thanks so much!

Now read! :D

_______________________________________________________

To avoid making eye contact with Ryan- who hadn’t noticed me on account of being engrossed in a deep conversation with the other guy- I looked at Tee, whose face held a look of disgust.

Before I could ask her if she wanted to puke or something, she marched up to the two of them, and smacked the other guy on the back of his head.

He snapped his head in an annoyed manner, and then looked at me. Instead of looking at the individual who had delivered the blow, he locked his vision on me.

For a minute, I wondered if he was the Ethan that had caused her so much of “Tragic heartbreak” but then I let his looks sink in.

He was as tall as Ryan, if not taller, and very good looking. Shiny, straight black hair that was neatly combed and parted to the side, but it wouldn't last long- you could see that he ran his fingers through his hair a lot, and not because he was frustraded or something, but because he knew it made him look, well, attractive.

His almond shaped hazelnut eyes locked with mine, the only barrier being my contacts. He couldn’t possible be Ethan- as far as I knew, Ethan was buff.

This guy was lean.

And those eyes, they looked so familiar!

We kept looking at each other, till Ryan cleared his throat, and said, in a slightly raspy voice “Uh, hi Val.” stressing on my name.

He said ‘Uh’.

Did that mean he didn’t want to see me again?

Or was he up all night thinking about what had happened?

The guy he was with widened his eyes and looked at Ryan, who was waiting for an answer expectantly.

I looked up at him, and smiled “Hey. How are you?” I have no idea why I was being so formal with him.

“I’m good. I was wondering if w- He was cut off by Tee, who looked devious.

I mean, I just knew that she had something planned up her sleeve.

What could I say?

The girl’s a trouble maker- and a good one at that.

“Val, this is my twin, Caleb, and his partner- Ryan.”

I blinked at her once, and in a hushed voice, asked “Partner?”

“They’ve been best friends for such a long time that they’ll probably marry each other. When it’ll be legal.” She smirked, and Caleb flung his arm around her shoulder, and not in a playful manner, but in what seemed like a loosely disguised chokehold.

“We’re not gay.” He told me, and winked, while messing Tee’s hair up.

I could see that the two of them had a close sibling relationship.

No wonder his features were so familiar! I swear, if he had long wavy hair, and had a butt that looked perfect in a pair of designer jeans, he’d be a carbon copy of her.

“I already know Val.” Ryan said, annoyed that he’d been cut off, and grabbed my hand and pulled me in the opposite direction, leaving Tee in Caleb’s tight grip, screaming “Stay away from her, you pervert! She’s my friend!” and a couple of other obscene things, but since there was a half hour left for classes to begin, there was no one there to have heard all of it - thank God.