Chapter 20

Hayes' Pov

I had no more dodgy texts from this unknown son of a bitch, I knew it was directed towards me. It was certainly not a mistake. I just didn't know who it was from. I know all our competitors will do anything to get to us, wether it be physically or mentally. They will take anything that you truly care about and watch you come crawling, broken up and defeated, to them. They will get you where it hurts, and they will make sure you're there to witness all of it. Tearing you down till you're weak and vulnerable.

I made my way downstairs, shoving my phone in my font pocket of my shorts. I walked towards the kitchen but stopped when I reached the living room. I looked up to find Shawn lying on the couch with Anna.

I clenched my jaw. She was asleep in front of him, he had one hand lightly around her waist and the other was flicking through channels on the TV.

A wave of jealousy flooded over me. I hadn't had her in my arms since a week ago, when i bought her out of the building that Nate and Sammy had her in. He gets to be near her all the time, he has no idea how lucky he is.

Before I knew what I was doing I was walking over to him with my hands in balls at my side, within seconds my fist was connected with his jaw. I couldn't stop punching him, my hand repeatedly connecting with is face. The struggle of him trying to fight my punching soon stopped completely.

I knew he was unconscious at least.

I kept going, the only thing that made me stop was the blurry sound of crying and yelling at the other side of the room. I turned my body to face the noise, my fist smothered in blood at my side and my breathing still heavy.

" Hayes stop, you'll kill him! " Anna screamed at me tears rolling down her cheeks. I looked down at my hands, then at Shawn.

He wasn't moving.

I walked up to Anna my hands finally unclenched from their tight formation. She backed away from me, the fear in her eyes becoming larger.

" Stay away from me, please. " She whispered trying to move around me towards Shawn.

I stood well away from her as she knelt beside him brushing his brown blood covered hair away from his eyes.

" Shawn, can you hear me? You're gonna be okay. I promise. I'll go get help. You'll be okay. " She whispered before she stood up and looked at me. Her eyes were red and puffy, the look on her face was something indescribable...like disappointment and fear in one.

She turned away from me and ran into the backyard.

I stood there looking at Shawn's lifeless body.

What the hell have I done...

I ran my hands through my hair harshly.

What the fuck have I done...

Anna's Pov

' Nash! ' I screamed when I got through the sliding doors I looked straight ahead and saw Nash and Cam in the pool at the very end of the backyard. I sprinted as fast as my legs would take me towards the pool. I stopped when I got to the edge.

' Nash I think Shawn is unconscious. You have to help me I don't know what to do. ' I said tears rolling down my cheeks.

They both immediately got out of the pool and started running into the house me running behind them.