Chapter 14

Anna's Pov

" Sometimes it all gets a little too much, but you gotta realise that soon the fog will clear up, and you don't have to, be afraid because we're all the same and we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much..."

I wasn't too sure about following a criminal into his bedroom without anyone else knowing I was there, but...

I'm glad I did.

Shawn is such a sweet guy, it's unbelievable! Most of the time I was there I forgot that he was even a criminal.

He has this amazing voice that I've never heard before. Ever.

The thing that amazed me the most was he could sing and play guitar. I only know a couple of chords!

" So what do you think?.." He asked shyly putting his head down a little.

"It was incredible. I've never heard anything like it, you have a huge talent Shawn..."

His eyes lit up and he fiddled with his rubber wrist band.

" Thanks, I've been working in it for a couple of days. I've only got that part of the chorus though."

"It's still amazing and I'd love to hear it when it's finished."

He sat his guitar down gently on it's stand and smiled.

" Sure, you seem to be the only one that's interested in it so far.." He laughed.

" I bet if you put this on the Internet, you'd be famous."

He stopped, smiled and looked at me.

"You really think so?"

"Mhhm." I nodded.

His smile faded.

" I can't, that's the only problem...I love my job, singing is just a hobby." He said closing his song book.

I bit the inside if my cheek and slightly nodded.

" Can I have a look at your song book?" I asked shyly.

He picked up the book from in front of him and held it out for me to grab.

"Thanks.."I said softly taking the old book.

Being very careful, I turned the pages reading each song title.

'Life Of The Party'

'The Weight'

'A Little Too Much'

'Never Be Alone'

'Aftertaste'

And that was only a few.

" Wow...You write often?" I asked loosing myself in the lyrics.

" Quite a bit I quess, in my spare time or when something has happened and I just want to get it out." He said quietly.

I handed him back his book and he put it away under his pillow.

We carried on talking and laughing. I started to feel comfortable and like we understood each other as I started opening up and telling him about my life before this.

"I used to sing a little bit a couple of years ago. I wrote a few songs in an old book my dad gave me, when he died I stop singing and writing all together." I said a single tear falling down my left cheek.

I really really missed my family...I don't know how long I can take this.

"Hey, hey, hey...It's alright..." Shawn whispered pulling me into a hug.