Chapter 18

Hayes' Pov

" Dude, what was that about?" Nash asked me referring to Anna running off.

" Uh...I...Um..." I couldn't think straight. That girl has got me going crazy and we only kissed!

" Hayes!" Nash called again.

" I...I...um...uh...I d-don't know."

" Dude, you do know what happened. Did you hurt her? " He asked me.

What? Does he think ill hurt her again? I fucked up big time doing that to her! Ill never ever hurt her again.

" Um...well...we k-kind k-kissed..." I smiled.

His frown slowly turned to a smile and he patted me on the back.

" Way to go lil bro, finally! So how'd it happen?" He laughed.

" Uh well you know how we all think that Nate raped her? Well I needed to know if it was true so I asked her, she said that he didn't. I didn't believe her and I started blaming myself, then she got up off the chair and put her hand on my chest, trying to tell me that he truly didn't." I paused trying to catch my breath because I was talking quite fast. " As soon as she put her hands there she pulled them away, I smiled at her and put them back on my chest and then we kissed after awhile. She definitely kissed back but then she pushed me away and then you walked in." I finished.

I found myself smiling again straight after I said it.

" She's got me going crazy Nash..." I sighed flopping onto my chair. " Every time I see her my heart starts beating uncontrollably and I don't want to talk because I'm afraid ill say something stupid..."

He sat on the couch opposite me and started talking.

" Talk to her. Maybe she's finally coming around to the idea of you guys being a couple?"

I smiled, I hope. I can't wait to hold her in my arms and not have her run away. For her to smile at me when I kiss her nose and head. When we watch late night movies and she cuddles into my chest because she's scared. When ever I kiss her lips, for her to feel the same sparks and butterfly's as I do. But I guess I'll have to wait a few months before any of that.

I nodded and went to try find Anna. She said she was going to hang with Shawn didn't she?

I walked over to Shawn's bedroom and stood at the door wondering if I should knock or not.

" Well did you like the kiss?" I heard Shawn ask.

" I-I don't know...I'm so confused. I'm meant to hate him but then that kiss, it felt like nothing I've felt before." I heard Anna reply.

I smiled to myself, she felt the same way I did about the kiss but she shouldn't hate me...

" Maybe you're finally starting to like him?" Shawn suggested.

" I couldn't? Could I? " She replied surprised.

" Well you did say that you felt safe in his arms when we finally came to get you..." Shawn spoke softly.

" Yeah...maybe I was just scared thought Shawn..." She whispered.

She felt safe in my arms, she actually said it! My heart started beating faster with excitement.

" Like I said, talk to him."

" I don't think I can..."

I put my ear to the door to listen closer. I heard her say something but it was muffled by the wooden door.

I heard footsteps moving towards the door, I quickly moved to the side so I wouldn't look creepy.

" H-Hayes? What are you doing?" Anna asked as she closed the door behind her.

" We gotta talk about what just happened."

She started walking towards the kitchen ignoring me.

" Come on Anna, I know you felt something." I called walking after her.

" Nothing happened Hayes."

She opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

" Don't bullshit me." I said closing the door as she turned around making her jump.

I kept one hand on the fridge door just above her head. She didn't move, instead she glared at me.

" I'm not bullshitting you, I just don't want to remember it. It was a mistake, I was still shaken and vulnerable. It didn't mean anything." She said grabbing my wrist above her head tightly and pushing it back to my side.

" Oh and don't ever put your hand near me like that." She said walking into the lounge and turning on the TV.

I glared at her from the kitchen, even though she wasn't looking me direction at all. I walked to where she was and sat beside her.

She rolled her eyes and looked at the news that was currently on the TV.

" Stop following me Hayes." She said not taking her eyes off the TV.

I looked at the TV and then her.

" They won't find you, no matter how hard they look. They won't ever find you."

" I'm not giving up." She gritted.

" You'll have to get used to me at some point baby-girl." I said walking out of the room.

She's still trying to leave? I thought she was past all that shit now! She's made friends!

Her and Shawn are close. Sometimes I get jealous of how close they are...Okay I'm always jealous then. But why would she want to throw that away?!

Her and Nash are close too, not as close as her and Shawn but still very close. I want to be like that with her. He got to see her everyday but I got told that " the time isn't right " for me to see her just now.

We wouldn't be like this if Nash didn't take her away from me for this long!

I jogged up the stairs to my bedroom, at how quiet it was without someone else in her. At night its worst.

I sat down on the edge of my bed and looked over at my phone on the night stand. I reached over and grabbed it turning in the screen.

I message from an unknown number.

I put in my passcode and read the message frowning.

' Watch you and your gorgeous toys' back. '

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I updated again! I've been really busy with school and my friends but I've finally put up another update!!!

Yeah it's really short but I people wanted me to update so I thought ' Hey, something's better than nothing aye? ' lol.

Anyway...

I hope you enjoy it and keep reading!

Ella Brooks!!