Chapter Fourteen: Curve Ball

AUTHOR'S POV        

*silence* 

Jay: "Is that it"?  

Still looking at Larry he replies with a soft voice....

Laurent: "Yeah...for now". 

Jay: "Alright. Well you look like you need a break anyway so how about you and Larry switch"?

Laurent: "Oki". 

Laurent's eyes are still connected to Larry's as he slowly removes the headphones. He picks up his lyrics and bottled water then makes his way out as Larry is coming in....

Larry: "That was beautiful Laurent. Very beautiful".

Laurent: "Thank you", he whispers.

Larry's small but sweet smile is his way of saying "welcome". They continue to look at each other...completely unaware that they're doing so until....

Jay: "Fellas? Everything alright"?

Larry: "Oh sorry man. Yeah we good. I'm ready".

Larry brushes past Laurent and as he does he feels Laurent's finger softly trace over the back of his hand causing him to stop and slowly look down at it then slowly back up into Laurent's eyes....

Laurent: "I can't wait to hear what you have", he whispers.

Larry is speechless as he notices the softness spread across Laurent's face. Eventually he nods his head then goes inside and takes his place...carefully unfolding and placing his lyrics on top of the stand. He watches as Laurent and Jay speak briefly to each other before Jay speaks into the mic to tell him that the track is coming through momentarily. Just like Laurent he nods and takes a deep breath. When he hears the acoustic sound come through the headphones he begins to belt out what's on his paper...and in his heart... 

"If you ever have to wonder why I feel the way I do,

It's your beautiful heart that make me crazy for you.

From the way you talk...to the curve of your smile,

To the way you laugh...and your amazing style.

But I'm not supposed to feel these things...cause I know we'll never have a chance

Why life can be so unfair sometimes I will never understand.

There's still so many things I want to tell you...so there won't be any doubt,

You're always so wonderful to think of...but so very hard to live without". 

(A/N: All lyrics are mine so all rights are reserved). 

Larry stops because he has to take several deep breaths from the level of emotions he's feeling. He immediately catches the attention of Laurent and Jay. The next thing Larry hears is Jay speaking through the microphone.... 

Jay: "What's wrong Larry? You need a break"?

Gazing at Laurent with glossy eyes and a voice that cracks as he responds...

Larry: "Yeah...yeah I need a break".

Before Jay can even respond back Larry is taking his headphones off and heading out of the booth...