Do It For The Vine

We went back to the hospital. Tre grabbed her hand, kissed her forehead and said, "Shorty come back so I can make you my leading lady. Come on, Cam. Do it for the vine." He started laughing which made us start laughing. Shit we was laughing so hard I start thinking I was hearing Cam laugh. We all looked down in a state of pure excitement when we heard, "Damn daddy, I ain't gone do it." Mo started crying and ran out to tell the charge nurse to get the doctors. Tre leaned down and kissed her. "I think I'll take you up on that offer if it's still on the table Tre." The doctors and a huge group of medical students came running into the room. By the end of the day the doctor had Cam moved from the ICU and by the end of the week she was being discharged and on her way home.

I've been home for about a week now and Tre won't leave my side. He make sure I eat and take my meds. He was in the shower when I called Mo an Joy name. "Mo, Joy can y'all come here?" "Sure what's up?" "Can y'all get him. Like I know y'all ain't got them motherfuckers because he ain't out here bussing heads. Don't get me wrong I be happy we spend so much time together but damn. I keep telling him I'm okay. He act like if he leave he gone come back and I'm not gone be here." "Look you should tell him how you feel." "Alright I'ma say something to him to him a little later. Matter of fact what y'all want for dinner. I'm finna get to cheffing then I'll talk to him after we eat." "Oh hell yeah I don't care what you cook. Shit you could make deep fried boot and I'm gone eat that shit." We start laughing so hard we was in there crying.