Sad Christmas (NaLu)

*PLAY SONG WHILE READING :)*

Christmas may be one of the happiest times of the year, but for some people, it brings back painful memories.

~Lucy POV~

My alarm clock goes off just like any other usual day, except today wasn't a usual one. It was Christmas. For many people today was meant to be a happy day, but for me it wasn't.

I had to watch everyone else be happy, while I myself was sulking around. It's been like that ever since that cursed day, everything I loved was taken away from me.

I struggled to sleep at night as the memories just came flooding back to me.

I'm just a burden. I could've helped, but I just stood there as usual, too weak to do anything.

I squeeze my eyes shut as a fresh new tear rolls down my cheek. I shoot my eyes, hoping I will exit the nightmare but the only difference is that in my dream I'm seeing the nightmare, while now I'm living the nightmare.

I peel the blankets off myself and swing my legs round to the other corners of the bed, sliding my slippers onto my feet.

I walked over to the other side of the bed and whispered 'Merry Christmas' to it while gently stroking the pillow. I looked over to the nightstand where a photo of us lay and his scarf, still engulfed with his scent lay softly on top of it.

Why did you have to leave me ?!

I hugged onto the scarf for dear life, squeezing my eyes shut and slightly hiccuping as my tears began to flow out my eyes more rapidly.

Why did you leave me all alone ? Why did you have to die along with Zeref ?!!

I gently propped the scarf back on the photograph as a small smile tugged onto my lips. The picture was taken the week after me and Natsu officially became boyfriend and girlfriend. The best day of my life...

A cold breeze ran through the room as a knock on the door was heard. I scrambled with the lock and opened the door, only to reveal a moping blue cat.

"Happy..." I say sadly. Ever since Natsu left us, Happy has never been the same either. He took away our smiles and happiness along with him...because he was our happiness.

"Lushee, please can I sta-stay here with you...." He sniffled.

"Of course you can...come here.." I said opening my arms as he jumped in them and enveloped me into a hug.

"Lusheeee....I miss him...it's-it's the first Christmas without him..." He cried into my shoulders. I squeezed him tight, as once again a few tears landed on his blue fur.

"I know happy...I know..." I bite my lip to avoid any sobs from escaping my mouth. I didn't want to make the situation worst for Happy.

"He-he...already had y-your present-l-look Lushee.." He said handing me over a messily wrapped present.

I gasped as I slowly took it from Happy and gently unwrapped it. I opened the present and revealed a beautiful golden charm to add to my bracelet. It was a flame and a key wrapped together around each other. Next to it was a little gold necklace that had a photo of us inside. A small smiled tugged at the corner of my lips as I admired the gift.

I noticed that there was a note in the bottom of it too. I gently pulled it out as i spotted Natsu's very unique handwriting. Sometimes reading his handwriting was like decrypting a message.

It read: 'Dear Lucy,
The day we met was on of the luckiest days of my life. From the minute I saw you, I knew that we'd have a special connection, one that I've never had with anyone before.

Luce, the day we finally kissed and became boyfriend and girlfriend was a day that I'll never forget. The moments we treasured together will stay in my heart together.

You make the flame in my heart burn brighter by the minute. You make me feel emotions that are still new to me.

Lucy, I know you probably hate me right now because by the time you read this letter I won't be physically with you anymore...

I'm so sorry Lucy...this was meant to be our first Christmas together and believe me, I was planning to give you an additional special gift. (This is the part where you slap me and call me a pervert :p)'

A giggle escaped my laugh reading his beautiful words.

'Please take care of Happy. He stood by me my whole life and I'm sure he'll miss me as much as I miss him. Oh Lucy...it feels weird to be writing this knowing I won't be there with you.

You know, I'm kind of scared..I was always planning to get married and have kids with you but I guess that opportunity was taken away from me.

Please don't blame yourself for my death Lucy. It can't have been stopped..it was either all of us or me and zeref. I did this for you and for our child..

I gently place my hand on my stomach.

'Please take care of him or her and remember to always be happy. I'm always looking over you Lucy. You can't see me but I'm here. I'll never leave your side.

I love you Luce.
Love from your dragon slayer. Xxxxxxxxx'

I clutch the letter to my chest and gave happy a small kiss on the head to thank him.

"I love you too Natsu.." I said softly...

I promise I'll take care of Happy and our child. I'll tell the child stories about us every night...

I'll never forget you Natsu.

____________

IM CRYING OK. I WAS LISTENINH GO SAY SOMSYHINH WHILE WROTINH THIS AND I CANY SVDN OMH OM CRYKNG

ZIALL_NALU
X

-9 Days !!