Chapter 11

"So you moved your snotty ass to Toronto thinking you had put enough space between me and you? Wrong bitch!" I snarled.

"James my parents are inside the house." I warned him.

"I've been watching you Mia, you're parents aren't here, you're neighbors won't hear what I've got I store for you." He said menacingly, his eyes lit up with whatever ideas his head was conjuring.

"Please James.." I begged, edging my way to the door ever so slowly. I was only steps away. My heart pounded as I tried to think of ways to run inside while I locked him outside.

"Shut up! You think Jake is better than me?" He suddenly took stepped towards me, effectively diminishing any distance I had put between us.

Jake! I had totally forgotten about him. Oh no! I'm sure the horror was clear on my face.

"Please, do whatever you'll do to me but leave him out of this." I begged, tears threatening to overflow.

"Now baby you know I've always hated it when you cry." He said sweetly, something I once thought was genuine about James, it was a shame I saw through it too late.

"I thought you had Kaya," I tried to distract him as my hand moved to the door knob.

It worked. He instantly looked above me off in whatever world he was thinking about. "I only dated her to make you jealous. And then she comes crying to me telling me you warned her not to date me, because I wasn't good for her? Can you imagine how I felt, when the love of my life," he emphasized, " told Kaya to leave me? I'll tell you Mia."

He jerked my chin by his hand forcing my to look at his eyes, glowing with vengeance.

"I was hurt. And angry, mostly angry." He said vehemently.

"I wasn't and never will be the love of your life!" At that moment I strategically thrust my knee to meet his groin, causing him to collapse on his knees.

"YOU BITCH!" He yelled out.

I pulled the door open and ran to the back of the house into a closet. I pulled out my phone and texted Jake as quickly as I could.

*Please pick up a pint of B&J's for me please. I'm sure an ice cream pick me up will help my mood. Love always, Mia.

P.S. I will always love you more than Ben or Jerry.*

There, that outta buy me time to get rid of James.

Right then, I heard James enter the house. Damn! In my haste I forgot to lock the door. Dammit!

I was hidden under the staircase in the closet. I swear he could hear my heart thumping. His footsteps echoed over the threshold and down the hallway. Holding my breath, he passed the closet hallway and my relief was palpable.

And then my ringtone rung out. I dug the phone into my leg, hoping to block out the sound.

Too late.

The closet door swung open and James lunged at me.