Chapter 29

Knock knock.

Wait what? James isn't supposed to be here yet. I'm still sitting here in my sweatpants and hoodie but I went to answer the door anyway. I didn't bother to look to see who it was before opening the door, but when I did..

"Alexis?" The man asked.

"Y-yes." I stuttered nervously.

"Your brother has been in an accident."

My heart plummeted. I didn't cry though. I didn't really do anything. Inside, I wanted to cry, but the tears didn't come out. The tears didn't want to form in my eyes. Am I really that broken?

I ran upstairs and changed my pants and threw on some shoes and the police officer told us what hospital he was being taken to and I drove there quickly, but cautiously. This can't be happening.

We got to the hospital and James wasn't there yet. But suddenly, I hear paramedics yelling for a room immediately. I saw them running in with a stretcher and there laid James. I didn't get to see him but I saw him laying there lifeless. I couldn't help but think this was all my fault.

I went to tweet, but then decided I should find out a little more first. So instead I texted Taylor. Yes Taylor.

                           Texts
{To Tay😩❤️}
Taylor omg!

{From Tay😩❤️}
What's wrong Lexi?!

{To Tay😩❤️}
James was in an accident..

{From Tay😩❤️}
Is he okay?!

{To Tay😩❤️}
I don't know I haven't been able to see him. I'm scared.

{From Tay😩❤️}
Lexi, it's gonna be okay. Just have some hope. Text me when you find out more.

{To Tay😩❤️}
Okay.. Tell the guys for me?

{From Tay😩❤️}
Of course. Ly.

I sat my phone down and started pacing around the waiting room. This was too much for me. I came home to get away from all the drama, not to add more. And if I wouldn't of came back then James probably wouldn't of been driving to Julies house and he wouldn't of gotten into the accident.

'This is all my fault'

The words kept repeating in my head and it wouldn't stop. I couldn't make it stop. I'm going crazy. This isn't okay. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! This can't be real! Make it stop!

But that's the last thing I remember until I woke up in, well I don't know. I looked around and tried to make out where I was. It looked like a warehouse. What? I heard a door creak opened and squinted my eyes from the light. When the figure became more visible, I saw who it was.

"Brandon?" I asked confused.

"Well well well. Alexis, isn't this interesting." He said deviously.

"Brandon let me leave." I tried to stand up then realized my ankles were chained to the pole next to me. Great.

"Why would I do that? If I get rid of you, what do I have to worry about?"

"Brandon what did I ever do to you?"

"Don't you remember? Mom and dad. The day they died?"

Wait what? I didn't explain Brandon? Well he's not really worth explaining. He's James's twin, my brother. He hates me and he moved in with a friend after mom and dad died. So he doesn't matter.

"Brandon I didn't do anything."

"But you did. You told them I stole their alcohol and they grounded me for three weeks. That caused me to tell them I hated them. And those were the last words I ever said to them. And it's all your fault!" He screamed.

"Did you do that to James?" I struggled.

"Yes, because then I can get rid of you and the whole family will be gone."

He walked out of the room and I frantically looked for my phone. Yes! I had put it in my bra. #UpSideToBeingAGirl. I pulled it out and texted Julie first. I turned on location services and told her to track my location. Same with all the guys.

Lexi and guys + Mahogany group chat.
{To Cammy🐻, Tay😩❤️ + 10}
GUYS HELP!
PLEASE
😭😭😭😭😭😭

{From Cammy🐻, Tay😩❤️ + 10}
Cammy🐻 - LEXI WHATS GOING ON!

{To Cammy🐻, Tay😩❤️ + 10}
TRACK MY LOCATION HELP ME!

{From Cammy🐻, Tay😩❤️ + 10}
Cammy🐻 - NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION!

{To Cammy🐻, Tay😩❤️ + 10}
CAMERON JUST DO IT AND HELP
ME ESCAPE NO TIME TO EXPLAIN I'M IN DANGER GTG!

I locked my phone and hid it back in my bra to make sure it was out of sight if Brandon came back. I was freezing and starving. I didn't know what to do.
This was scaring me. I don't know everything that he's capable of but he won't hesitate to kill me when it comes down to it. He will do anything to get me out of the picture.

I was waiting and waiting for someone to come to my rescue but no one ever came. It's been hours and I was starting to lose hope. Would I get out of here alive or am I going to get killed and left here to become a rotting corpse? Could this possibly be the end?

I decided I wasn't going to take this. I started to pull on the handcuffs in hopes they would break and I would be free but all it did was make a bunch of noise and I guess it summoned Brandon.

He threw a bottle of water at me and I drank it all very quickly. He didn't say anything, he just walked out. I kept shaking the cuffs trying to get out. But it was no use. It wasn't working. They never texted me again and I was starting to worry. I guess this is goodbye, because I'm not going to get saved this time.

----------------------------------

OKAY SO IT'S 3:00AM BUT YESTERDAY TECHNICALLY WAS FRIDAY AND MY LAST DAY UNTIL BREAK AND I'M HYPE AS FUCK FOR CHRISTMAS SO HERE'S AN UPDATE LOVE YOU