Chapter 21

Nicole jumped up as a clear foul was made on a guard for the Clippers, but not one ref had blown their whistle. Its been a tight game for most of the night, and it didn't help that Triple H chose to root for the Lakers just to mess with Nicole. He knew she was already annoyed the moment he walked in the door. She was screaming at the tv, like she does most of the time when a game is on and she's watching it.

Nothing has gone the Clippers way, angering Nicole even more the more she thought about what occurred throughout the game so far. What made it worse, was Triple H made a fifty dollar bet with her once he got into the game.

"I am not going to lose!" Nicole yelled, glaring at a smirking Triple H as a Laker made a free throw that shouldn't of been given to him. Nicole threw a pillow at Trip as he began laughing.

"Careful of my lamps!" Stephanie warned. Nicole just threw a pillow in her direction. Steph walked into the living room with two plates. One had veggies and tofu on it for Nicole, the other had a variety of meat and vegetables for Triple H. Trip dug into his food as soon as it was set down. Nicole ignored her, eyeing the tv as the first half slowly came to a close, the clippers tied with the lakers.

"I hate this sport!" Nicole growled, munching on a carrot.

"No, you just hate the game right now and the fact you are going to lose." Trip said with a smirk.

"You're asking to get punched."

"You won't!"

This, Trip shouldn't have pushed. Nicole stood up in front of him, balling her fist up before punching him square in the nose. Everyone's eyes landed on the two as Nicole sat back down, Triple H holding his nose as he stared at the angry girl sitting next to him.

"You shouldn't of said that." Stephanie said.

"Shut up!" Trip growled.

"Do you need ice, Paul?" He shook his head, removing his hand. The blood that trickled down to his mouth and the already swollen bridge proved him wrong, showing he needed the ice that was offered.

Nicole smirked as she continued eating.

****

"IN YOUR FACE!" Nicole yelled as the buzzer went off and the ball went in the basket. The Clippers had won in overtime by two points. Triple H reluctantly took out his wallet and handed Nicole the fifty dollar bill. she slid it into her back pocket, cleaning up the mess the two made of the couch pillows. During the third quarter, each team went back and forth with baskets and Trip and Nicole ended up taking turns throwing the pillows at each other. On one throw, Nicole ducked and Trip's pillow hit his wife in the head. Stephanie was fuming, and she removed all the pillows and put them on the floor far away from the two grown adults, who were acting like five year olds.

"Alright, I think we need to take the party out to the trampoline." Stephanie said. "Get all that energy out. Now!"

Nicole and Phil stayed to help Stephanie clean up. Stephanie smiled as she saw Nicole filling the dishwasher as Phil rinsed the glasses.

"Phil?" Stephanie said. "I'm gonna miss you around."

Nicole stopped what she was doing and turned to the two other adults in the room.

"What?" she asked.

"Um, I'm retiring." Phil said.

"Oh."

Nicole went back to doing the dishes.

After, the two went outside to everyone else as Stephanie sat on the couch reading a novel. Triple H was helping his eldest daughter do a backflip on the trampoline while their coworkers gathered around on the outside.

"I'm still gonna be around." Phil said, breaking their silence.

"Okay." Nicole said.

"Do you wanna go to a fair tonight?" Nicole shrugged. "Its gonna be all of us."

"That seems like fun." Nicole smiled, sucking in her bottom. Phil smiled back, wrapping his arm around Nicole's shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys xx

Sorry about earlier this week. My wifi has been faulty all week. Its been on and off and its been tough for me to update and do my homework for some of my classes. 

Another update will be coming today. I promise.

xx

Hydie Linn