Chapter Three

For the past couple of weeks Nichole and Phil have been spending as much time as they could together. Nichole kept her distance though, making sure that what happened on the first night never happened again. She was falling for him but she knew he would never fall for her. Nichole was doing this strictly for business, it was just a storyline. 

Phil was stretching before his match against the Shield. It was him, John Cena, and Big E against them. John and Big E appeared and sat on the floor with Punk while he stretched.

"Where's that Nichole chick?" John asked. "Isn't she supposed to accompany you to the ring?"

"I don't know where she is." Phil said. Just then Stephanie McMahon walked out and greeted the boys. "Do you know where Nichole is?"

"Yeah, she has to wear her ring gear cause she has a match today. She'll be out in a second. Listen, I came to tell you that I'm worried about Nichole. Ever since that match that introduced your storyline, she hasn't been the same." Stephanie explained.

"What do you mean by she hasn't been the same?"

"She hurt her ribs. I know she won't admit it but I can see it. She holds them a certain way when she moves. In the beginning, she didn't show it in the ring but now she is."

"Is she still gonna compete tonight?"

"I tried to talk her out of it, but she's too damn invested in this sport. She won't listen. After her match, I want you to take her to the ER to get it checked out."

"Why me?"

"Phil, she doesn't have many friends here. I know its just a storyline, but you are the only one we know of that has been able to talk to her. I would take her but raw wouldn't be over after her match." Punk sighed and nodded his head. Stephanie walked away and he continued his stretches.

Nichole was trying to put on her two piece ring gear. She had the bottoms on, she just couldn't get the top on because it hurt to much. Nichole finally slid it on, wincing in pain as she did so. She got on her boots and headed to where Punk stretches. As Nichole walked out to wear he was with John and Big E, he looked up and smiled at her. She smiled back and sat down on the floor with the rest of the group. 

"Nichole, can I ask you something?" Phil asked, breaking the silence. Nichole put her phone down and looked up.

"Yeah, go ahead." she said.

"Will you let me take you to the doctors to get your ribs checked out?" Nichole’s eyes widened. As much as she wanted to hide it, it was getting harder and harder. Stephanie had to of told him. She probably told him to take her to the doctors too.

"I'm fine, really. You don't have to do that."

"Nichole, you can't hide it anymore. One of these days you are going to break your ribs. You need to get them checked out. Steph gave me an order. Let me put it another way. I'm taking you to the doctors, you don't have a choice." Nichole pouted. She knew Stephanie had something to do with this. He wouldn't of even bothered if he didn't get told to.

"Why do you even care?" Nichole said.

"You seem to take everyone’s word for who I am except mine. I'm not the asswhole people say I am." Phil replied.

"Well, sometimes he is." John joked. Phil punched his arm.

"Give me a reason why you care and I will let you take me to the ER." Nichole said. Phil didn't know why but he liked her stubbornness. She was tougher than he thought.

"Because no one deserves to go through what you have, not even you. I may be an asswhole but I have a heart." Punk replied.

"Fine, I'll let you take me." All four got up and walked to the gorilla. 

Punk's music went on. He linked hands with Nichole and walked out. The Shield were already out there. Punk stopped, Nichole didn't know why. She gave him a confused look. All of a sudden Big E's music came on.

"Three ain't enough, I need five" Big E was standing by Punk and Nichole. John's music came on. He stood at the top of the ramp for a while and then ran to the ring. Punk, Nichole, and Big E followed. Punk unzipped his hoodie and handed it to Nichole. He gave her a kiss on the cheek before getting in the ring. Her cheek tingled from the feeling of his soft lips. She shook her head to get rid of the thought. 

It was John against Dean first. They fought for a while until John began getting the upper hand in the match. He gave Dean the Attitude Adjustment. John pinned Dean. The ref was on the count of two when Roman and Seth came into the ring. Big E and Punk got into the ring to get them out. They both sent them over the ropes to the side where Nichole was standing. Roman's large body came her way. It was too late for her to move out of the way, Roman landed on her.

"I'm so sorry." he said, getting up. John and Punk came over to her to see if she was okay. Roman left to go to Seth.

"Are you okay?" Phil asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Nichole said.

"It seems Nichole is hurt. Will she be able to do her match later?" she heard Michael Cole say.

"She's tougher than she looks, she'll pull through." JBL said.

Punk got Nichole to her feet. By this time, Big E got Dean on a count of three. Phil held Nichole just to make sure she wouldn't fall. He did that all the way backstage.

****************

Author's note:

Did you guys hear about Punk leaving? Am I the only one who cried? WWE isn't good without Punk, they need him.