Chapter 16

There he was. He was standing right in front of her. Its not her dad, but its just as scary. She tried to slow her breathing so it wouldn't be obvious that she was scared. All she did was breath more heavily. He took a seat on the couch. Phil wasn't anywhere to be found. She wished he never listened to her. 

"I'm not here to tell you all the things you've heard before." he said. "You're right about dad!"

She said nothing. 

"I'm sorry!" he said.

"No you're not!" she said softly. He stood up. She took a step back. She knows how he can be. She knows he's manipulative. She knows he can over power her with strength. He stepped toward her. She swallowed. He slapped her. She fell to her knees. A tear streamed down her face. 

"You're a little punk bitch!" he yelled. She flinched. "Get the fuck up fatty!"

She flinched again, but she did as he said. He pushed her up against the wall and put a tight grip on her throat. She gasped for breaths. She closed her eyes as tears streamed down her face. 

"You deserved everything we gave you!" he said. He slapped her again. She let out a cry. He pressed his body against hers, his breath warm against her neck. She squeezed her eyes shut. He gripped her neck tighter. He pinned her arms above her head with his free hand. His grip was painful. She thought he was going to break her neck. 

"I wish you died instead of mom!" he said. Little does he know, she wished that every night ever since she learned about what happened. She even tried to kill herself. It never worked. Her stepmoms and siblings would always find her. Whenever she came home from the hospital, they would always tell her how she should've died and she was pathetic because she couldn't off herself. 

He smacked her again. She let another cry out. The more she cried, the more he tightened his grip on her neck and arms. He soon pressed his knee into her stomach. That made it even harder to breath. She prayed to god for help. She prayed for Phil, or Colt, or Phil's sisters, or anybody to walk in and stop him. She didn't want him to do anything that he used to do to her. If her prayers were going to be answered, the answer couldn't have come any slower than it was. She tried to gasp for a breath. His grip was too tight. She was starting to get light headed. 

"Let her go!" she heard someone yell. It wasn't anybody she recognized. He let her go and she fell to the floor. When she opened her eyes, she saw cops in the bus. Phil ran over to her and wrapped his arms around her. 

"Brett Turner, you're under arrest!" one of the cops said. They read him his rights as they walked out. One cop stayed behind. 

"Nichole DeSoto?" he asked. She nodded. "When you're all set, I need your statement."

She nodded again. He walked out. Phil went to let Nichole got. She grabbed his arm. He saw her wrists starting to bruise. He moved her hair away. The handprint of her brother was clearly bruised on her neck. He sighed. 

"I'm so sorry." he said. "I should have never left this morning."

"Its not your fault." she whispered without making any eye contact.. "Please don't leave me!"

"I won't, but you need to give the cops your statement." She nodded. He got her to her feet. Instead of rushing her, he let her go at her own pace. She couldn't stop shaking. He's done this many times before, but she was always like this. She never got used to it. She gave the cop her statement and went back to the bus. Phil wrapped a blanket around her and  sat on the couch with her. She felt her neck. It hurt. Phil grabbed her hand and brought it down. 

"How bad is it?" she asked in a frail voice. 

"They're bruises, they'll go away." he answered. "Is there anything you want?"

She finally looked at him. 

"Can we go to bed?" she asked. "Like together?"

Phil smiled. He nodded his head. They went to the bedroom. Nichole layed down on the bed. Phil bit his lip as he carefully got in next to her. He made sure to keep his distance. She grabbed his hand, put his arm around her waist, and scooted into him. He stiffened up. Nichole turned around. 

"What's wrong?" she asked. He shook his head. Nichole smiled slightly. She rested her head underneath his chin. Phil tried to get comfortable. Nichole lifted her head. 

"You can leave if you want to." she whispered. 

"I don't want to." he said. Nichole smiled. She licked her lips before kissing him. She pulled away with a smile on her face. Phil tried to hide his smile. 

"What was that for?" he asked. 

"I don't know." she replied. "But I liked it."