Chapter 15

Nichole walked over to Stephanie. Steph was talking with her dad. Nichole sat down next to her while she patiently waited. They were talking about upcoming matches and NXT talent. Nichole tapped her index finger on the table as she stared at Stephanie. Stephanie finally got the hint. 

"Dad, excuse us!" she said. Nichole followed her to the hallway. "What's up?"

"What are you planning on doing with my storyline?" Nichole asked. 

"I don't know yet. You guys seem to be having good chemistry. Maybe it could be a long term love interest. Why?"

Nichole stayed silent. She looked down and fiddled with the bow on her pemplum top. Stephanie carefully watched her. Nichole sighed as she bit her lip. 

"Never mind." she whispered. She walked away. Phil smiled at her from his table. She looked away and continued walking. Vince met her down the hallway she took. He looked down at her feet. She was barefoot. She smiled awkwardly. 

"You might want to get some shoes on. The family has a promo with Punk." he said. She tried not to flinch at his name. Nichole nodded and went to the locker room. She slipped into the black pumps she had worn to the arena before heading to the gorilla. Everybody was there already. Stephanie hugged her. She smiled as she hugged back. Phil stood awkwardly behind the family. She kept on repeating "forget about" in her head as she took deep breaths. 

Stephanie's music went on. She walked out with Triple H. The crowd booed as the made their way to the ring. Nichole watched patiently backstage. Stephanie smiled as she brought the mic to her mouth. 

"Its a very funny thing when your own family betrays you." she said. "You guys seem to think so."

Triple H stayed silent.

"I don't know what my dad was thinking when he told me this, but appearently Nicholette is not getting her title shot." she continued. Nichole's jaw dropped. She looked at Vince. He held his hand up. "She's earned it. She's worked for it. And I'm not letting anyone take it away from her, including my dad!"

Vince's music went on. He walked out. Stephanie glared at him as he walked to the ring. Vince got a mic and stood in front of his daughter and son in law. Before he could speak, Nichole's music went on. She stormed down to the ring with fury on her face. Vince backed up as she rolled into the ring. Nichole grabbed Triple H's mic. She took a couple deep breaths before speaking. 

"Why?" she asked. He looked at her confused. "Why? Why do you always do this? Is it because I'm not good enough in your eyes? Or is it because you think I'll take the thunder away from you and prove that I'm the better one in the family?"

He stood there, glaring at Nichole. 

"Let me make this clear little girl, you're not apart of this family, nor will you ever be. You could never steal my thunder!" he growled. Nichole swallowed. "You're just as bad as that little wanna be, CM Punk!"

Nichole went to say something, but Phil's music came on. She tried not to be uncomfortable. Phil walked down to the ring with a mic already in his hand. He stood next to Nichole. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at Vince. He moved his jaw around as Phil got into his face. 

"Last time I recall, I'm the one who humiliated you in front of thousands of people." Phil said. Nichole smirked. Vince glared at him. "What do ya say, old man? Get in the ring one last time with me and prove who's the better wrester!"

Vince laughed. 

"You're on!" he yelled. 

In the back, Phil tried to get Nichole alone. He followed her to the bus. She went to the back and layed down with the cat. Phil stood at the door. 

"Listen, I'm sorry about last night." he said. Nichole sat up. 

"Don't worry about it." she said softly. "Just, please give me some space and leave me alone."

Her words stung, but he obeyed her. He didn't want to make her more upset than she already was. The best thing to do right now is to leave her alone and give her some space like she asked.