Chapter Six

She looked so cute sleeping in a ball. She looked peaceful, like all her worries were gone. She looked, happy. Phil sat in the rocking chair in her living room examining her. Tay was in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Did you even sleep last night?" Tay asked over the sizzling of the eggs and bacon.

"No, I don't normally sleep a lot. I get maybe a few hours of sleep a week. I focus on work more than anything." Phil said, not taking his eyes off of Nichole.

"Aren't you suposed to be healthy for your job? Not getting enough sleep each day isn't healthy."

"I guess you got a point." Tay had a platter of eggs, bacon, and ham in her hand and she was standing in the living room watching Phil watch her best friend. 

"Wake her up, its time to eat." Tay set the plate down on the coffee table.

Phil woke Nichole up. Tay handed everybody a plate. Nichole and Tay each grabbed one egg, four pieces of bacon, and four slices of ham. Phil had his plate in his hand. He wondered what he should do. Should he just suck it up and eat meat or should he ask for some fruit?

"That's right, you don't eat meat. Let me go get some fruit for you. What would you like?" Nichole said.

"Any fruit is fine." Phil said.

"Okay, but eat at least one egg." She placed an egg on his plate and handed him a fork. Punk noticed Tay was already done and lacing up her shoes.

"Guys, I'm going for a run. Be back in an hour." she said before running out the door. 

Nichole came back and placed a bowl of grapes and blue berries and strawberries on the table. Phil gave her a warm smile. They ate in silence. Nichole grabbed their plates and headed towards the kitchen. She came back with some CD's. She placed one into her stereo and pressed play. Phil was familiar with who it was. It was A Day To Remember. Nichole layed back on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

"Ya know," Punk said as he got up and walked towards her. "you have a pretty good taste in music." She sat up a little bit as he knelt down next to her. "Can I tell you something?" She nodded her head. "I can't stop thinking about you. I know that this is supposed to be part of the storyline but I wish it wasn't." He began to inch closer to her face. "I just want to feel you close to me, to taste your lips."

Without knowing what she was doing, Nichole crashed her lips against Phil's. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. Punk moved his lips to her jaw line. Nichole let out a soft moan. She then realized what she was doing and pulled back. Phil got up and sat back down in the chair.

"Sorry." Nichole said.

"About what?" Phil asked.

"I just can't do it and I'm sorry. Trust me, the last thing I want to do is hurt you but I just can't do this." Punk nodded. "Now can you take me to Steph's hotel room or just give me the keys and I'll go by myself?"

"I'll take you." 

Phil seemed a little hurt. Nichole knew what would happen if she gave in. She's not ready to be in a relationship. Even if that person is someone she can't stop thinking about. The car ride was silent again but this time Nichole didn't listen to music. If she got sick, she wanted to be. She didn't want to be healthy anymore. For the first time in a long time, She wanted to relapse.

They got to Steph's hotel room. Nichole knocked on the door while Phil leaned against the wall. Phil stared at the ceiling. He didn't even notice the door opened and Steph and Nichole were calling his name. All he could think about the kiss. How could it be possible to mean nothing to her but everything to him? Steph finally got his attention by clapping in front of his face. Punk jumped up as he found Steph, Nichole, and Triple H staring at him.

"Are you okay?" Steph asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Phil muttered.

They all went into the room. Phil sat cross legged on the floor up against the wall. He felt a burning sensation in his eyes. Triple H could tell because he motioned to talk to him out in the hall.

"What's wrong?" Triple H asked when he closed the door.

"I fell for her." He said.

"Then why are you on the verge of crying?"

"She doesn't feel the same. I'm the stupid one in the first place to have fallen for a girl he's supposed to be in a storyline with. I mean, c'mon who does that?"

"You do, a lot."

"I know. Maybe I should just focus more on my work than trying not to be the asswhole these people think I am. Maybe that would be best."