Chapter nine

I sat on the couch anxiously checking my phone every few minutes. I mean, he would call if something was horribly wrong right? I shouldn't assume that his mom knew about us or that he was fired just because he got called home. I shouldn't be worried, I was just being overdramatic, I knew that, but what if I wasn't? What if he got fired because of me... What if I ruined his whole life? All because I was too selfish to call off this relationship while I had the chance? All because I like Louis too much to want to face the heartbreak of having to break up with him, he's become too much a part of my life. I knew I didn't love him yet, I mean it had only been a month and who knew if love really exsisted, but I wasn't ready to give up trying just yet.

My thoughts came to a sudden halt when my phone rang. "Hello?" I said without even looking at caller ID. A laugh I recognized all too much came through the speaker back at me. "Oh, hi Niall." I sighed back into the phone.

"Wow Ren, don't sound so excited that I called." He joked. "Go on an awesome date last night and the bloke hasn't called yet or something?" 

"Something like that, what's up Niall?" I asked laughing. Though he'd lived in London since he was about 2 yet his Irish accent stayed with him, it puzzled me. Maybe it was because he spent two weeks down there every summer. 

"Ooh, rough. I was just calling because my parents wanted me to invite some friends over for a barbeque tomorrow afternoon and I was thinking since Gregg and them haven't seen you since you were a wee little thing that I would invite you and Abi. There'll be no drinking and Abi can bring a friend or two if she'd like."

"Sure Ni, I'd love and come visit you Horan's, it's been too long since I've seen everyone. Who else is invited?" That really was sweet of him to ask.

"Well obviously Zayn, Liam, Harry, and Louis. But I was also thinking about inviting Elena and some other girls from school so that it's pretty even. That gives me and idea! I should just get Louis to ask his sisters to come, the twins are probably around Abi's age, they'd get along great." He was now rambling but I didn't really care. "Then the barbeque will just be me closest friends and some family. That would make, let me see, four plus two plus five plus four... Hmmm... 15 people. I hope that's not too many... No wait, 23 because my parents will invite the boys parents... Hmm..."

I just laughed, "How about this Niall, talk to your parents and call me back, alright?"

"Alright," he said huffing. The boy hated math and I knew that, it always put him in a bad mood. "I'll call you back in maybe 10 minutes, if your not already talking to that date." I could tell he was winking even though we were talking over the phone. 9 years really didn't change this boy. "Bye."

"Bye Ni," I said hanging up. And looking at my phone to make sure I hadn't missed a call. All I saw was a single text though, but it was from exactly who I wanted to talk to.

Hey gorgeous,

-Lou

I quickly typed a reply, opting not to call so I could talk to Niall a bit later. If something happened that he really needed a voice conversation about he could call me.

It's wierd that you say hello to yourself babe... ;)x

Very funny, I was actually referring to you.x

Ohh, my bad. I forgot that I'm oh so gorgeous.x

And that's why it's my job to remind you, right?x

Haha, right. So what's up with you today?x 

Just at the park with my mom and sisters, whats up with you?x