Prologue

/AN\ This is a flashback of Faye in High School.

I walked out of English class and was on my way to the Gymnasium for Practice. I walked to my locker and put my combination in and got my gym bag out of it. On my way to the Gym I spotted Damian, Oh yes. Damian Richardson has been my high school crush ever since freshman year. He's not a jock no. He's just a average guy but he'd never notice me. Anyways. I made my way to the Gym and walked into the locker room. I sat down and changed into my uniform and made slight conversation with some of the girls there. "Let's go girls! We gotta get to practicing! Can't win the championship lying around, Lets go!" Coach Joyce called. We all walked out to the court and started stretching. We did our high knees, burpees, sit ups, and suicides. We finally started working on passing. Then shots and then defense. After a long 30 minutes of practice I finally got my stuff and headed out. I didn't like to shower here at the school unless I really really needed to and right now I don't think it's that important. I was making my way down the hallway until I heard someone call my name. "Faye! Aye Faye!" I turned around to see Damian looking at me, flashing his pearly whites. I took my earbuds out. "Yes?" I answered slightly yelling. "Come here." he waved his hands motioning for me to come towards him. "What's going on?" I look back and forth between him and his friends. "I just wanted to talk to you that's all."  he said nonchalantly. "Um. Ok. What can I do for you?" I asked slightly nervous. "Go on a date with me?" he smiled and his friends snickered. I rolled my eyes. "Look I'm not stupid, and you're not about to play me like a damn fool, so don't play with me and tell me what you really wanted me for." I said as I crossed my arms and shifted all of my weight onto my right leg. "Damn girl..." Damian answered as he look down at his feet. I know I was coming off a bit ignorant but I get that I have a crush on him, but he's a fuckboy and I'm not the one. I rolled my neck waiting for his answer. "Well.. I wanna take you to prom." Senior Prom?? I thought. "Not to be rude, but this is the first time you've even looked at me and you'd think I just wanna go to prom with you?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah." he shrugged. "The answer is no." I said as I walked away. I honestly don't have time for his games. I got in my car, a birthday gift, and drove off.

When I arrived home my mom was asleep on the couch, she had just got diagnosed with early stage breast cancer. She's been slightly depressed but she forces a smile on her face like a can't read her emotions. She's so transparent. "Hey mama." I said as I kissed her cheek

"Hey baby, how was school?"

"Eh it was alright, pretty tired from practice." I answered grabbing leftover lasagna from the fridge. "Well you wanted to play." She giggled. I smiled. "Have you talked to Dana?" I said mentioning my older sister. "Yes chile' this morning she dropped by some things for me. " I nodded and went to shower.

Once I got out the shower, I decided to text my only friend.. Juliane. "Hey Jules." I said over the phone. "Hey babes how was practice?" "It was alright, why weren't you at school?" I asked.

"Woke up too late." she laughed.

"Wow." I giggled. "Well.. guess what?"
"What?" Jules answered as he high pitched voice boomed through my ear. "Damian asked me to prom." "WHAT THE FUCK? WHY? WHAT DID YOU SAY?" she freaked out. "I said no Jules he's a fuckboy." I picked up a magazine and began to browse through it. "Come on!!! You liked him ever since freshman year!" "I just guess I'm not feeling him anymore, I'm more of a watch and observe type of person." I smiled. "That's a Stalker hun." "OH SHUT UP!" I heard Jules laugh on the other line. "Well my mom is tripping again, so I'll call you later before I punch her in her forehead." Jules stated. "Haha! Alright, talk to you later." I hung up.

TIME SKIP : Prom Night 😇

Lucky me, I ended up going to Prom with Damian. Well that's because I had no one else. The night was going pretty well so far, considering he had ditched me for his friends, I was fine with just being alone. Most people don't like girls who play ball, they think we're all lesbians. It's obviously not true. I can be girly.. sometimes. A tap on my shoulder knocked me out of my thoughts. "Hey Babygirl." I looked over my shoulder and saw Damian wrap his hands around my waist. "Hello." I said plainly. "Here's your drink." he handed me my punch. "Thanks." I continued to look ahead and not acknowledge him at all. Until he started to kiss my neck.

"Stop it." I yanked my head away.

"What? I'm not doing anything." he smirked. "Don't play with me, Damian. Not tonight." "Whatever girl." His grip on me was still tight and we looked ahead as they announced prom king and queen. "Alright Everyone listen up!" Principle Sheppard announced. "This is what all you've been waiting for! Tonight's Prom King is... There was nothing but silence as we waiting for him to open to envelope. "Damian Richardson!" Everyone cheered as he let me go and walked up on the stage, accepting his crown and sash. "Alright settle down, settle down. " The crowd grew quiet. "Prom Queen is.." I kinda thought it would be me, but then all hope vanished when I heard another name. "Simone Miller!" of course. I thought. I walked out of the school kind of irritated. I don't know why I thought it would be me. I laughed to myself. "What are you doing out here Faye?" A familiar voice asked. I turned to see Jules.

"Just needed fresh air. You know these events aren't my scene."

"Yeah I know." she chuckled.

"Who's your man friend?" I asked seeing s good looking dark skin guy. "Oh this is Antonio, my date." She smiled and I shook his hand. "Hey." he said sort of out of breath. "What's up?" I looked between the two and noticed they look a little rough. "Ooohh, y'all nasty I knew why y'all were out here." Jules smiled. "Oh shut up Sherlock Holmes." I smiled.

Long Story Short... I ended my prom night getting sucked into Damian's smooth words. I knew I shouldn't have let my guard down. He took the one thing that was precious to me.... My Virginity. I was no longer pure. After Prom night he never talked to me again, but then gave me these funny looks. Jules also, rumors were being spread about me and I was too focused on basketball to care. Well.. we didn't win the championship, but for all of my hard work UCLA offered me a full sports scholarship , four years free of just playing basketball at college that's the life. After Graduation I went home and was getting ready for my freshman year as a Bruin. I never heard from Jules or Damian after graduation, and I honestly didn't care. I'm pursuing my dreams and I don't have time for the childishness. My mom, wasn't home by herself no, my cousin Raymond moved in to take care of her while I was in college. In just 2 months I was on my way to California.